Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: P&S sellers getting desperate

Re: P&S sellers getting desperate

Miles Bader

Alfred Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Look like great little cameras full of features:
>
> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
> - GPS receiver and geotagging
> - Bluetooth and WLAN
> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

Hmm, everything except good photos...

-miles

--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson

whisky-dave

"Miles Bader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alfred Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Look like great little cameras full of features:
>>
>> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
>> - GPS receiver and geotagging
>> - Bluetooth and WLAN
>> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

> Hmm, everything except good photos...

Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

Miles Bader

"whisky-dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
>>> - GPS receiver and geotagging
>>> - Bluetooth and WLAN
>>> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

>> Hmm, everything except good photos...

> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

Nonetheless, photography appears to be a distinctly low-priority for
this camera.

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed. With blood. [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]

D. Baxter

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:33:43 +0900, Miles Bader <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Hmm, everything except good photos...

>> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

>Nonetheless, photography appears to be a distinctly low-priority for
>this camera.

Only in the mind of someone that doesn't know how to properly use any
camera. A shoe-box with a pinhole in it can also take some exceptional
photos, if wielded by talented hands. From your words alone I know that I
wouldn't be wrong in stating that those would not be *your* hands.

Someone please rename this thread to "DSLR Trolls Getting Desperate". It
would then be much more truthful and accurate.

SMS

whisky-dave wrote:
> "Miles Bader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Alfred Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Look like great little cameras full of features:
>>>
>>> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
>>> - GPS receiver and geotagging
>>> - Bluetooth and WLAN
>>> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

>> Hmm, everything except good photos...
>>

> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

Ray Fischer

SMS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>whisky-dave wrote:

>>> Hmm, everything except good photos...
>>>

>> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

>Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
artistic freedom.

http://www.lensbaby.com

--
Ray Fischer

Jake Johnson

On 14 Aug 2009 18:55:25 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>SMS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>whisky-dave wrote:

>>> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

>>Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

>These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
>purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
>artistic freedom.
>
>http://www.lensbaby.com

Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
image by their "superior" shallow DOF would also applaud any optical
elements that will also blur their images even worse. Never in the history
of photography has anyone ever given accolades to how blurry their optics
can make an image, until the DSLR usenet Trolls came along.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

LOL

Ray Fischer

Jake Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>SMS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

>>These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
>>purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
>>artistic freedom.
>>
>>http://www.lensbaby.com

>Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
>owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
>image by their "superior" shallow DOF would also applaud any optical

You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

Jake Johnson

On 15 Aug 2009 08:11:30 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Jake Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>>>These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
>>>purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
>>>artistic freedom.
>>>
>>>http://www.lensbaby.com

>>Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
>>owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
>>image by their "superior" shallow DOF would also applaud any optical

>You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
>done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

Yes, of course. You must be right.

<major eye-roll>

Miles Bader

(E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) writes:
> You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
> done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

He doesn't understand netnews either, judging from the blatantly obvious
sock-puppets he uses to reply to himself...

-Miles

--
Circus, n. A place where horses, ponies and elephants are permitted to see
men, women and children acting the fool.