Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to display nested structures?

How to display nested structures?

Olav Tollefsen

I have a somewhat complex data structure to display on a web page:

Item A
- Sub Item 1: a, b, c, ...
- Sub Item 2: a, b, c, ...
- ...
Item B
- Sub Item 1: a, b, c, ...
- Sub Item 2: a, b, c, ...
- ...
Item ...
- Sub Item 1: a, b, c, ...
- Sub Item 2: a, b, c, ...
- ...

I have all the main items stored in a SortedList which again contains a
SortedList with sub items, which again contains a SortedList with the end
nodes (a, b, c, ...).

What is the best way to display this on a web page? Are there any samples
doing something similar?
--
Olav Tollefsen

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Olav,

It looks like you could use a TreeView control to display such data. Take a
look at control repositories like the one at www.asp.net (Control Gallery)
to download one.

--
Victor Garcia Aprea