Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Linksys Usb wireless B Network adapter

Linksys Usb wireless B Network adapter

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpY2VtYW4=?=

I have installed a wireless usb network adapter, and xp for some unknown
reason is not allowing me to configure this device, nor does it remove it
totally if I uninstall the utility or the drivers from device manager. And
after I do finally remove all the residue including what i can find in the
registry pertaining to the supposed wireless connection. When I re-attach
the adapter to try to do a brand new install it's like xp knows what this
device is and sets it up the same way as before and it fails to work. I'm
going bonkers with this. Help???????
--
Hope all is well in PC land!!!!!

Clark

If you are referring to drivers, you can update those after the errant
install in device manager.

Do you know about the 2 configuration utilities that might be in play. The
one that came with the adapter, and the other that works in Windows (WZC).
Which utility are you using?

Clark

"Spiceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have installed a wireless usb network adapter, and xp for some unknown
> reason is not allowing me to configure this device, nor does it remove it
> totally if I uninstall the utility or the drivers from device manager.
> And
> after I do finally remove all the residue including what i can find in the
> registry pertaining to the supposed wireless connection. When I re-attach
> the adapter to try to do a brand new install it's like xp knows what this
> device is and sets it up the same way as before and it fails to work. I'm
> going bonkers with this. Help???????
> --
> Hope all is well in PC land!!!!!

Jack

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ttBe.1082$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> If you are referring to drivers, you can update those after the errant
> install in device manager.
>
> Do you know about the 2 configuration utilities that might be in play.

The
> one that came with the adapter, and the other that works in Windows (WZC).
> Which utility are you using?
>
> Clark
>
> "Spiceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have installed a wireless usb network adapter, and xp for some unknown
> > reason is not allowing me to configure this device, nor does it remove

it
> > totally if I uninstall the utility or the drivers from device manager.
> > And
> > after I do finally remove all the residue including what i can find in

the
> > registry pertaining to the supposed wireless connection. When I

re-attach
> > the adapter to try to do a brand new install it's like xp knows what

this
> > device is and sets it up the same way as before and it fails to work.

I'm
> > going bonkers with this. Help???????
> > --
> > Hope all is well in PC land!!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpY2VtYW4=?=

Thanks people, but I figured it out and all is well. Apparently XP remembers
where you install a usb device, and my friend once he got the machine home
didn't realize this and started to try to make the device work in any and
every available usb port on his machine. Thus causing the machine to fail to
recognize the original installation. So I had to plug into every usb port and
uninstall the device and it's drivers from every single location and start
from scratch and it worked on the first try.
--
Hope all is well in PC land!!!!!