Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Templating

Re: Templating

Tom Anderson

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Spud wrote:

> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers don't
> have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more MVC-ish.
> I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there are others.
>
> What are the most popular ways people do this?

Apache Wicket:

http://wicket.apache.org/

> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

Aw shoot.

tom

--
SAWING CHASING CRUNCHING ROBOTIC DEMOLITION

Arne Vajh°j

Tom Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Spud wrote:
>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
>> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit
>> more MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know
>> there are others.
>>
>> What are the most popular ways people do this?

> Apache Wicket:
>
> http://wicket.apache.org/

You liked it?

Arne

Tom Anderson

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Arne Vajh?j wrote:

> Tom Anderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Spud wrote:
>>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
>>> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more
>>> MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there
>>> are others.
>>>
>>> What are the most popular ways people do this?

>> Apache Wicket:
>>
>> http://wicket.apache.org/

> You liked it?

I haven't done enough with it yet to dislike it!

tom

--
blackguard, coward, git, guttersnipe, hooligan, ignoramus, liar, rat,
swine, stoolpigeon, and traitor