Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Templating

Re: Templating

markspace

Spud wrote:
> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more
> MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there
> are others.
>
> What are the most popular ways people do this?
>
> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

Java Server Pages:

http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

Arne Vajh°j

markspace wrote:
> Spud wrote:
>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
>> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit
>> more MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know
>> there are others.
>>
>> What are the most popular ways people do this?
>>
>> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

> Java Server Pages:
>
> http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

That is a rather general answer to a rather specific
question.

Arne

markspace

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> markspace wrote:
>> Spud wrote:
>>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic
>>> designers don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can
>>> be a bit more MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and
>>> taglibs. I know there are others.
>>>
>>> What are the most popular ways people do this?
>>>
>>> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

>> Java Server Pages:
>>
>> http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

> That is a rather general answer to a rather specific
> question.

Yeah, I managed to miss the part where he mentions already using JSPs.
I thought he was just starting out with web apps. Mea culpa.

Tom Anderson

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Arne Vajh?j wrote:

> markspace wrote:
>> Spud wrote:
>>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
>>> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more
>>> MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there
>>> are others.
>>>
>>> What are the most popular ways people do this?
>>>
>>> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

>> Java Server Pages:
>>
>> http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

> That is a rather general answer to a rather specific question.

General and also incorrect. The OP is already using JSP - he needs
something to smoothen its edges.

tom

--
SAWING CHASING CRUNCHING ROBOTIC DEMOLITION