Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Detect if Fonts are installed on web client

Detect if Fonts are installed on web client

Hi all,

developing a multilingual app in .net and relying on
the .NET cultures. There is a need to determine
programmatically whether or not the browser client-side
supports a particular font, for example "Are asian fonts
installed? If yes, display simplified chinese as a viable
option. If not, display install this font message."

CultureInfo.GetCultures
(CultureTypes.InstalledWin32Cultures)) refers to the
server-side, so don't even go there ).

I could not find anything on the subject! Merry Xmas
everyone!

Yuri Vanzine

yuri vanzine

Does anybody know how to detect installed fonts on the web
client? I still can't find an answer to this. (.