Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > So astro-turfing comes to NZ...

So astro-turfing comes to NZ...

thingy

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-jo...htm?key=623857

ho hum....I guess unlike spam its legal.

regards

Thing

thingy

On Aug 9, 6:50*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:40:20 -0700 (PDT), thingy
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
> >http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-jo...communications...

> >ho hum....I guess unlike spam its legal.

> $12.50 an hour? I write for a living and I make at least times that!
>
> Peanuts = monkeys.

Of course....but you know when ppl have no jobs, others take
advantage....probably numerous ppl as well.....lots of false grass.

regards

Thing

peterwn

On Aug 10, 6:42*pm, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 6:50*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:40:20 -0700 (PDT), thingy
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

> > >http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-jo...communications....

> > >ho hum....I guess unlike spam its legal.

> > $12.50 an hour? I write for a living and I make at least times that!

> > Peanuts = monkeys.

> Of course....but you know when ppl have no jobs, others take
> advantage....probably numerous ppl as well.....lots of false grass.
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Seems that 'impossible' (the nasty little thug on this ng) needs some
help. No one has responded to his latest troll, so he needs a few
other contributors to help put on a Punch and Judy type show.

AD.

On Aug 10, 9:02*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Afraid I don't get you "astro-turf" reference in regards to the linked
> advertisement ... unless you're suggesting that the advt is rubbish.
> Over the last few years I've received numerous SPAM offering all sorts
> of bullshit jobs - not to mention all the multi-millions of dollars
> I'm entitled to, inherited or won.

Astroturfing means creating a fake grassroots movement or the fake
impression of a such a movement. Usually done by endlessly posting
comments on blogs etc promoting the 'movement' and bashing the
competition of that movement.

But from that job ad, it sounds less like astroturfing and more like
being a professional troll to drive up traffic and ad revenues using
deliberately controversial postings.

--
Cheers
Anton

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:10:53 -0700 (PDT), "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>On Aug 10, 9:02*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Afraid I don't get you "astro-turf" reference in regards to the linked
>>> advertisement ... unless you're suggesting that the advt is rubbish.
>>> Over the last few years I've received numerous SPAM offering all sorts
>>> of bullshit jobs - not to mention all the multi-millions of dollars
>>> I'm entitled to, inherited or won.

>>Astroturfing means creating a fake grassroots movement or the fake
>>impression of a such a movement. Usually done by endlessly posting
>>comments on blogs etc promoting the 'movement' and bashing the
>>competition of that movement.

>Ahhh ... like Anthropogenic Global Warming (aka Climate Change).

Well ... maybe like the bashers.
Climate change is accepted because of the data, not the marketing (which I
consider appalling ).

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:24:47 GMT,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair)
>shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:10:53 -0700 (PDT), "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>>Ahhh ... like Anthropogenic Global Warming (aka Climate Change).

>>Well ... maybe like the bashers.
>>Climate change is accepted because of the data, not the marketing (which I
>>consider appalling ).

>I'll agree to disagree and leave it there

Fair enuff ... but reality is what makes you fall over the furniture when
you shut your eyes. It aint going to change because of "belief".

thingy

On Aug 10, 9:02*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:42:11 -0700 (PDT), thingy
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

> >On Aug 9, 6:50*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:40:20 -0700 (PDT), thingy
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

> >> $12.50 an hour? I write for a living and I make at least times that!

> >> Peanuts = monkeys.

> >Of course....but you know when ppl have no jobs, others take
> >advantage....probably numerous ppl as well.....lots of false grass.

> >regards

> >Thing

> Afraid I don't get you "astro-turf" reference in regards to the linked
> advertisement ... unless you're suggesting that the advt is rubbish.
> Over the last few years I've received numerous SPAM offering all sorts
> of bullshit jobs - not to mention all the multi-millions of dollars
> I'm entitled to, inherited or won.

Its known as a false grass roots movement, hence astro turf as its a
brand of imitation grass.

The idea of a grass root movement is genuine ppl "blogging" / emailing
basically e-communicating to officials or the population in general
trying to bias opinions....by weight of numbers...

What has been noticed is that some AD agencies and political movements
pay ppl to type in the opinions or points of view that is not their
own, but opinions that belong to the AD agencies and political
movements....so they are trying to influence outcomes falsely...

An example would be a google group on say Ford Falconettes....they
might find that there is say a engine fault, or they do poorly in
reviews with dangerous handling compared to a Holden
bloatbag...."real" ppl post about the issues, so the PR team sends in
paid for bloggers to counter with "its an A1 car mate" and of course
enough weight of numbers to balance the negative comments...

Result prospective buyers doing research on these two cars might be
deceived into believing that the issue is minor....when in fact it is
not...

regards

Thing

thingy

On Aug 11, 10:15*am, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:10:53 -0700 (PDT), "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)>
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
> >On Aug 10, 9:02*pm, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Afraid I don't get you "astro-turf" reference in regards to the linked
> >> advertisement ... unless you're suggesting that the advt is rubbish.
> >> Over the last few years I've received numerous SPAM offering all sorts
> >> of bullshit jobs - not to mention all the multi-millions of dollars
> >> I'm entitled to, inherited or won.

> >Astroturfing means creating a fake grassroots movement or the fake
> >impression of a such a movement. Usually done by endlessly posting
> >comments on blogs etc promoting the 'movement' and bashing the
> >competition of that movement.

> Ahhh ... like Anthropogenic Global Warming (aka Climate Change).

Yes, the deniers seem to be trying to multiply their numbers....

regards

Thing

Stephen Worthington

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:52:02 +1200, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:16:05 +1200, Donchano
><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:38:04 -0700 (PDT), thingy
>><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>>Yes, the deniers seem to be trying to multiply their numbers....
>>>
>>>regards
>>>
>>>Thing

>The number of "deniers" - especially amongst scientists - is
>increasing because more and more people are waking up to the con job
>perpetrated by Mr Ghore and his flock.

Sigh. Rubbish. The number of deniers has been quite small for ages.
The press, in the mistaken name of "balanced reporting", keeps on
reporting deniers as though they were an equivalent force to those who
understand that climate change is real, based on real evidence. The
scientific community understands that the there are only a very few
deniers.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stephen Worthington
wrote:

> The scientific community understands that the there are only a very few
> deniers.

As if the truth is something you vote for...