Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to remove "Microsoft point to point adapter" ?

How to remove "Microsoft point to point adapter" ?

Skybuck Flying

Hello,

I "accidently" installed "Microsoft point to point adapter"...

I am not sure what this is... maybe some kind of tunneling thingy... I
thought like I am gonna try it out...

But it doesn't show up in any windows controls ?

It only shows up in some kind of test program.

I think it might be intefering with other drivers/settings... so the big
question is:

1. How do I remove "Microsoft point to point adapter" ?

and optionally:

2. Is it part of the default system or not ? (Can I safely remove it ?) (If
it's not part of default system then I think it would be safe...)

(I think it's not part of the default system... I think I installed it...)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Oh never mind the first question... and probably the second question

I figured it out already.

I thought it must be the same way as I added it... via the "computer"
"manage" trick.

In device manager there is an option in the menu it's called:

"Show hidden types".

Then it shows up !

And now I should be able to remove it... hopefully it helps getting another
driver working.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Ok,

After removing it, netvmini still not working as it should ?

Hmm.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

I also checked in other copy of windows 7...

The point to point thing does not seem to be part of the default
installation...

So I think it's safe to remove after I added it

That's also a big drawback about hidden things ?!

The user doesn't learn what's supposed to be there at the start !

Bye,
Skybuck.