Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Timers

Timers

Senthil Kumar

Hi,

I have a ASP.NET WebApplication. I want to do a
certain task every monday say 8.00 AM. Is there any
schedulder controls or any other controls like it that I
can use?

Thanks,
Senthil

srinivas moorthy

Hi,
Put a Windows Scheduler Service. Hope that solves your
problem. .Net facilitates in creating our own custom
windows services. If you need any info on that, i will
help you on this.

thanks
srinivas moorthy

Mohamed Sharaf

Hi Senthil,
srinivas post is very good but if you don't have a dedicated server you
can't do it.
The alternative is to make the task as web page (ie.ASP or ASP.NET page)
and make new scheduled tasks in local computer to intiate this page by
making a small application that request it or even use internet explorer
(try Start-->run-->iexplore Microsoft.com ).

Hope that help
Mohamed Sharaf

"Senthil Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07d201c3ca01$1febf000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a ASP.NET WebApplication. I want to do a
> certain task every monday say 8.00 AM. Is there any
> schedulder controls or any other controls like it that I
> can use?
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

ASP.NET pages aren't designed to do that kind of thing.
Instead I'd suggest creating a Windows Service.
Here's more information on Windows Services:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...owsService.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Senthil Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07d201c3ca01$1febf000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a ASP.NET WebApplication. I want to do a
> certain task every monday say 8.00 AM. Is there any
> schedulder controls or any other controls like it that I
> can use?
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil

JiangZemin

from what Senthil is describing it sounds like a console app + Windows Task
Scheduler might be worth looking into (simpler also, i would think). agree
it definitely doesnt sound like a job for ASP.NET.

HTH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ASP.NET pages aren't designed to do that kind of thing.
> Instead I'd suggest creating a Windows Service.
> Here's more information on Windows Services:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...owsService.asp

> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://Steve.Orr.net
> Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com
>

> "Senthil Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:07d201c3ca01$1febf000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a ASP.NET WebApplication. I want to do a
> > certain task every monday say 8.00 AM. Is there any
> > schedulder controls or any other controls like it that I
> > can use?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Senthil

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Here's a product that might help:

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...x?Control=1821

or this?

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/Co...px?Control=775

"Senthil Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07d201c3ca01$1febf000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a ASP.NET WebApplication. I want to do a
> certain task every monday say 8.00 AM. Is there any
> schedulder controls or any other controls like it that I
> can use?
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil

Mohamed Sharaf

Hi Steve,
My solution for the guys who can't install a windows service or can't
work with the server Scheduled tasks because they reserved only a web site
(virtual hosting)

Thanks
Mohamed Sharaf
MCSD MCT

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Timers spf R Siffredi Cisco 1 10-31-2005 05:11 PM
Web Timers Girish Pal Singh ASP .Net 4 08-13-2003 08:59 PM
timers Girish Pal Singh ASP .Net 2 08-11-2003 01:00 PM
System.Timers.Timer vs. System.Threading.Timer Kelsang Wangchuk ASP .Net 0 07-31-2003 04:28 PM
Timers in application web programming Stephen Inkpen ASP .Net 1 07-16-2003 02:12 AM

Advertisments