Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Drop Connections

Drop Connections

sjc

Well about a month ago i've noticed the internet dropping at random
for 2-4 minutes. Sometimes it happens a lot in a day sometimes not. We
have a wireless netgear router: WPN 824 v2 and comcast internet. We
have a computer hooked up to the router, with 2 computers getting a
wireless signal from it and a xbox 360 connected to the router through
a cat6 ethernet cable. I recently called comcast and they came and
checked it out and gave us a new modem as the old one was around 2
years old. It seemed fine but its doing it again, it doesnt seem as
often but it still is doing it. The computer with the router connected
to it uses utorrent and i was wondering if this could affect it. The
computer was turned off making Utorrent off and still the xbox 360
lost connection. No idea what the problem is..

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Yap, BT can do it.
Try Not to use TB for a while and see if the behavior changed.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...