Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Chron software for windows

Re: Chron software for windows

JohnO

On Aug 7, 11:48*pm, Collector_NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> My thanks to whom ever it was here who put me onto this
>
> http://www.splinterware.com/
>
> It has provided extremely good, and at US$30 dam good value.

What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?

JohnO

On Aug 8, 8:56*am, JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 11:48*pm, Collector_NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > My thanks to whom ever it was here who put me onto this

> >http://www.splinterware.com/

> > It has provided extremely good, and at US$30 dam good value.

> What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?

Oh, I see that it has a number of cool features in addition to just
scheduling.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <e36ba571-898e-4cad-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, JohnO wrote:

> What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?

And of course the more third-party crap you burden a Dimdows system with,
the more unstable it becomes.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector_NZ wrote:

> JohnO wrote:
>
>> What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?
>>

> The ability to run a php page with opening a browser ...

If you're trying to scrape a Web page, why do you actually need to run a
GUI-based browser to do so?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <4a800641$(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector_NZ wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> The ability to run a php page with opening a browser ...

>> If you're trying to scrape a Web page, why do you actually need to run a
>> GUI-based browser to do so?

> It is my page it needs to run ...

That makes it even more pointless. If it's your server and your client,
surely you can come up with a simpler way of transferring the information
between them than having to launch a GUI-based browser.

> ... now **** of to linsux noddy ...

Funny, I never mentioned the L-word anywhere in this thread. Could it be you
don't fully understand yourself what it is you're trying to do?

Enkidu

Collector_NZ wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> The ability to run a php page with opening a browser ...

>> If you're trying to scrape a Web page, why do you actually need to
>> run a GUI-based browser to do so?

> It is my page it needs to run, now **** of to linsux noddy land and
> stop guessing wildly

The php cli won't do it?

Cheers,

Cliff

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector_NZ wrote:

> Before I Plonk you lets get a couple of things clear.

It would help if you didn't sound like you'd had a few before posting.

> 1. I understand so much better than you because I use my brian ...

Peter Griffin wouldn't be pleased to hear you'd been using his Brian.

> 2. I do this for a living and probably make more in a year than you will
> in the next 5 years

You do what for a living? Working out jerry-built, roundabout "solutions" to
problems that could be solved much more simply? Regardless of how much or
how little you charge, I would agree that you are certainly costing your
customers more than I do mine.

> 3. Your a waste of space in this group, by all means have a tendancy
> towards one OS or the other but not the stupid blind attitude you have.

You're the one who seems to have suspicious holes in his story. I can only
go by what I read here about your problem. You're the one who took offence
to my probing, acting almost exactly as though you had something to hide.

Does your customer realize this?