Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Db2 Database Developer -1year contract in Bellevue, WA

Db2 Database Developer -1year contract in Bellevue, WA

prachi

Hi ,
Here is the urgent requirement for DB2 Database Developer position in
Bellevue, WA. This is a contract position for 1year. Please send
resumes to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Client's Enterprise Resource Planning team is seeking an experienced
and talented Database Developer to help define and expand our
enterprise-wide financial systems.
Complete Description:
Our Enterprise Resource Planning team is seeking an experienced and
talented Database Developer to help define and expand our enterprise-
wide financial systems. You will be a member of a team to develop and
maintain systems that provide business-critical transactional and
financial data to internal customers (business owners/planners,
Finance, etc.). You will have the opportunity to make a significant
business impact in creating and enhancing key capabilities in a
complex and rapidly progressing environment.

Responsibilities:

Proven expertise in DB2 Server development and database design for
high-volume, large-scale systems; be able to provide hands-on
direction for system architecture and general software development.

Be experienced in all functions related to software delivery process,
including: logical data modeling and translation into a physical
database; implementing and tuning for performance; assessing business
rules, functional specifications, and systems documentation;
performing data analysis; ad-hoc reporting; creating/maintaining batch
jobs; providing development support for existing systems; etc.

Be able to employ role based permission controls, configuration
management of DB objects utilizing source control tools, and database
change implementation.

Be a self starter and ensure deliverables are met on time and with
high quality.

Be able to identify and resolve systems problems with minimum
direction.
Improve our platform by incorporating new technology into existing
systems.

Work closely as a team with Application Developers, Business Owners,
Analysts, Testers, and Operations to implement, deploy, and maintain
the systems

Qualifications:

Strong SQL skills and minimum 5 years professional database design,
development, and implementation experience with DB2 (experience with
SQL Server a plus).

Proven experience in a multi-node partitioned environment.

Experience with Financial/Accounting applications a strong plus.

Familiarity with Data Warehouses

Familiarity with Informatica ETL and Linux scripting a plus.

MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
preferred.

Familiarity with e-commerce systems and internet technologies.

The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated to work in a fast-
paced environment, have strong customer focus and technical knowledge,
and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Work Experience and Education Guidelines:

Minimum 5 years professional database design, development, and
implementation experience with DB2 (experience with SQL Server a
plus).

MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
preferred.

Core Competencies:

Strong SQL skills

Database design, development, and implementation experience with DB2
Thanks,
Prachi

Wojtek

prachi wrote :
> Here is the urgent requirement for DB2 Database Developer position in
> Bellevue, WA.

Hey, try spamming the DB2 groups...

--
Wojtek

Arne Vajh°j

Wojtek wrote:
> prachi wrote :
>> Here is the urgent requirement for DB2 Database Developer position in
>> Bellevue, WA.

> Hey, try spamming the DB2 groups...

Preferably after swimming 100 miles in a sea with lots of sharks ...

Arne