Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows V Lunix

Windows V Lunix

OZZY Boy

Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's

Lunix is use by Lunatics and has poor driver support and PC shops do not support it.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, OZZY Boy wrote:

> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's

Linux runs on more hardware than Windows does.

EMB

OZZY Boy wrote:

> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's
>
> Lunix is use by Lunatics and has poor driver support and PC shops do not support it.

Woger

You're well out of date with that idea. may I suggest you boot a
current linux live CD on you system and see how much hardware isn't
recognised. Post the results back so we can all share the experience.

Enkidu

Collector_NZ wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, OZZY Boy
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most
>>> PC's

>> Linux runs on more hardware than Windows does.
>>

> Cant resist
>
> But does it run well and able to be administered/used by average
> users

Shhheeet NO!! We don't want **AVERAGE** users. We want **SUPERIOR** users.

Cheers,

Cliff

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <4a7935c9$(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector_NZ wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, OZZY Boy wrote:
>>
>>> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's

>> Linux runs on more hardware than Windows does.
>>

> But does it run well and able to be administered/used by average users

It seems to work better with newbies who have no preconceptions to unlearn
about how an OS should work.

You see this, for example, with Windows-experienced people complaining about
downloading stuff from random websites and wondering how to install it on a
Linux system. Unless you're an expert, stick to the standard repositories
already preconfigured into your package-management tools. You should find
pretty much everything you need already there.

OZZY Boy

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:32:17 +1200, OZZY Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's
>
>Lunix is use by Lunatics and has poor driver support and PC shops do not support it.

Lunix 1% windows 99% do I need to say more, I think that it speaks for its self..

victor

OZZY Boy wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:32:17 +1200, OZZY Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's
>>
>> Lunix is use by Lunatics and has poor driver support and PC shops do not support it.
>>

> Lunix 1% windows 99% do I need to say more, I think that it speaks for its self..

It says most lunatics use windows.

Enkidu

Collector_NZ wrote:
> Enkidu wrote:
>> Collector_NZ wrote:

>>> Cant resist
>>>
>>> But does it run well and able to be administered/used by average
>>> users
>>>

>> Shhheeet NO!! We don't want **AVERAGE** users. We want **SUPERIOR**
>> users.
>>

> ,My castle for just two or three **SUPERIOR USERS** on my sites, life
> would get easier and I doubt it would mater what OS

Ah good point.

Cheers,

Cliff

EMB

OZZY Boy wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:32:17 +1200, OZZY Boy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's
>>
>> Lunix is use by Lunatics and has poor driver support and PC shops do not support it.
>>

> Lunix 1% windows 99% do I need to say more, I think that it speaks for its self..

Yep, it says the world is full of close-minded fools like yourself who
are unwilling to even *try* an alternative. By your logic you should
not use Freeview as it's new, unproven and difficult to set up.

Seriously Roger, give a linux live CD a go - things have changed a lot
over the last year or so.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <4a7935c9$(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector_NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, OZZY Boy wrote:
>>
>>> Yes Windows that can be used by most people and can run on most PC's

>> Linux runs on more hardware than Windows does.
>>

>Cant resist
>
>But does it run well and able to be administered/used by average users

Average users "administer" ? I think that's a huge (wrong) assumption.

That typed, again I suggest that Lawrence be left alone in the bit bucket
with the rest of the trolls and fanatics to wither and die.