Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Broadband Download Meter

Broadband Download Meter

El.Plates

Hi, I have changed ISP and have a 40GB monthly allowance. Thought it would
be an idea to monitor this for myself to make sure the figures from the ISP
and me agree !!
I have tried TTB Meter and BroadbandUsageMeter both of which work fine on my
other PC linked to my router via Ethernet.
I then installed both of these (at different times) to my main PC in my
Studio which gets its connection via a Netgear WG111T USB Wireless Adapter
and this is not being recognised by either meter.
Does anybody have some such meter installed and working happily for a USB
Wireless Adapter ?
TIA for any help and all the best,
El.Plates

Mike Easter

El.Plates wrote:
> Hi, I have changed ISP and have a 40GB monthly allowance. Thought it
> would be an idea to monitor this for myself to make sure the figures
> from the ISP and me agree !!

> my main PC in my
> Studio which gets its connection via a Netgear WG111T USB Wireless
> Adapter

There was a recent post in alt.comp.freeware about this ware being
updated.

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/ NetWorx - Free Bandwidth
Monitoring and Usage Reporting ... The program allows you to monitor
all your network connections or a specific network connection. ... Works
with dial-up, ISDN, cable modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.

That's all I know; I haven't used it. It sounds as if it could be
useful for your purpose if it would handle the USB connectivity.

--
Mike Easter

El.Plates

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> El.Plates wrote:
>> Hi, I have changed ISP and have a 40GB monthly allowance. Thought it
>> would be an idea to monitor this for myself to make sure the figures
>> from the ISP and me agree !!

>> my main PC in my
>> Studio which gets its connection via a Netgear WG111T USB Wireless
>> Adapter

> There was a recent post in alt.comp.freeware about this ware being
> updated.
>
> http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/ NetWorx - Free Bandwidth
> Monitoring and Usage Reporting ... The program allows you to monitor
> all your network connections or a specific network connection. ... Works
> with dial-up, ISDN, cable modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
>
> That's all I know; I haven't used it. It sounds as if it could be
> useful for your purpose if it would handle the USB connectivity.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Thanks to both Scraggy and Mike Easter for 2 working solutions - have tested
both and they do the job well. Have decided to go with Networx as it has
some additional handy features (NetStat, Ping and Trace Route).
Thanks again to both of you