Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Leaving America.

Leaving America.

Aardvark

An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin Webb,
the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after eight years in
the US.

Enjoy.

< http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin Webb,
> the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after eight years in
> the US.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z>

Quite impressive. Thank You for sharing.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

hwf

In message <jQkdm.121076$(E-Mail Removed)2>, Aardvark wrote:
> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin Webb,
> the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after eight years in
> the US.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

Hes going back to government mandated cameras installed in citizens homes:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families

Sounds like the UK is livin Orwells dream.

--
Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/

Aardvark

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 15:41:52 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

> In message <jQkdm.121076$(E-Mail Removed)2>, Aardvark wrote:
>> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin
>> Webb, the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after eight
>> years in the US.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

> Hes going back to government mandated cameras installed in citizens
> homes:
> http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families
>
> Sounds like the UK is livin Orwells dream.

"“This is pretty tough and non-negotiable support for families to get to
the root of the problem. There should be Family Intervention Projects in
every local authority area because every area has families that need
support.”"

Tough love. If it works, I'm all for it.

Unbeliever

hwf wrote:
> In message <jQkdm.121076$(E-Mail Removed)2>, Aardvark wrote:
>> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin
>> Webb, the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after
>> eight years in the US.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

> Hes going back to government mandated cameras installed in citizens
> homes:
> http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families
>
> Sounds like the UK is livin Orwells dream.

Very often in this country - what the politician says never happens.

As for "Orwells dream", then this country is following that road as a result
of Dubya's ill-thought out reaction to 9/11 which has in fact made the whole
world a far more dangerous place to live in - and as a result, has given
governments world-wide (including the 'states), a fantastic 'opportunity' to
up their levels of surveillance of the population (including those in the
'states [where Echelon was born to spy on the internet]).

And again, that is the result of American paranoia of terrorism.

But at least our citizens don't go around ripping foetuses out of their
mothers just for the hell of it!

Caulfield Man

Aardvark wrote:
> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin Webb,
> the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after eight years in
> the US.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

He's going back to their marvellous universal health system (NHS); best
tv and radio in the world bar none, and a public transport system which
is generally fine and much better than anything the US can offer.

Oh and a less corrupt political process, much less intrusive religious
life, better public schools, friendlier police.

It's also close enough to Paris to wander over for a weekend of
boisterous shagging and eating les eclair.

Bon appetit!

Aardvark

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:36:04 +1000, Caulfield Man wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:
>> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin
>> Webb, the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after eight
>> years in the US.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

> He's going back to their marvellous universal health system (NHS); best
> tv and radio in the world bar none, and a public transport system which
> is generally fine and much better than anything the US can offer.
>
> Oh and a less corrupt political process, much less intrusive religious
> life, better public schools, friendlier police.
>
> It's also close enough to Paris to wander over for a weekend of
> boisterous shagging and eating les eclair.
>
> Bon appetit!

Caulfield Man

Unbeliever wrote:

> But at least our citizens don't go around ripping foetuses out of their
> mothers just for the hell of it!

Gee I dunno, they might do that here but we wouldn't really know, what a
woman does with *her* body is *her* business.

Aardvark

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:17:27 +1000, Caulfield Man wrote:

> Unbeliever wrote:
>

>> But at least our citizens don't go around ripping foetuses out of their
>> mothers just for the hell of it!
>>

> Gee I dunno, they might do that here but we wouldn't really know, what a
> woman does with *her* body is *her* business.

Of course. I think, though, that the powers-that-be here would have issues
with what a woman does with *another* woman's body.

hwf

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<pgodm.92486$(E-Mail Removed)2>:

>On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 15:41:52 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> In message <jQkdm.121076$(E-Mail Removed)2>, Aardvark wrote:
>>> An affectionate although warts-and-all look at America from Justin
>>> Webb, the BBC's North America editor, returning to the UK after

eight
>>> years in the US.
>>>
>>> Enjoy.
>>>
>>> < http://snipurl.com/ojs8z >

>> Hes going back to government mandated cameras installed in citizens
>> homes:
>> http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ins-for-worst-

families

>> Sounds like the UK is livin Orwells dream.

>"“This is pretty tough and non-negotiable support for families to

get to
>the root of the problem. There should be Family Intervention Projects

in
>every local authority area because every area has families that need
>support.”"
>
>Tough love. If it works, I'm all for it.

Its the "slippery slope" phenomenon at work.
You get the public used to *some* people haveing their rights infringed
on for some spurious claim like "safety" or "the public good" and after
a while you add more and more people to the category of people who Need
To Have Their Rights Limited.

Get it?
Never grant government any power you dont want to become permanent.
HTH

Raise event when leaving Textbox tshad ASP .Net 2 02-04-2005 12:10 AM
Determine if an image has focus after leaving another image. Thomasa Gregg ASP .Net 1 06-28-2004 04:31 PM
Leaving a Page brian ASP .Net 4 06-12-2004 01:12 AM
Create cookie in what event when leaving page? Rich ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 11:13 PM
Module to notify application when leaving site? Kevin Burton ASP .Net 2 11-01-2003 07:52 PM

Advertisments