Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > who is this guy

who is this guy

RickMerrill

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Rgr wrote:
>>> Isn't that the guy that demanded a half mil and bailed out somewhere
>>> over Oregon?
>>>

>> No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

> <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
>
> It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon. The
> case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

BS is correct!

I mean BTS is correct.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

RickMerrill wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>>>
>>> No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

>> <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
>>
>> It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon.
>> The case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

> BS is correct!
>
> I mean BTS is correct.

Maybe there was a D. B. *Libby* who was caught?

--
-bts

William Poaster

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:28:15 -0500, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
of the trolls Mara was heard to say:

> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:21:13 -0500, The Old Sourdough <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Aardvark mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Cite.

>>He won't be able to, and consequently will drop out of the thread.

> Yes. I can certainly cite where he's totally wrong. Again.
>
> http://www.fbi.gov/page2/dec07/dbcooper123107.html

Maybe he's thinking of D.B.Goomer, who tried to hijack an mule & got lost
in the forest for a month!

--
It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.

chuckcar

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:e3idm.120864$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:44:05 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:h53s6e$ct8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

>>> <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
>>>
>>> It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon.
>>> The case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
>>>

>> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
>> "ride".

> Cite.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...37B93C2A8178FD
85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st= cse

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chuckcar wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:
>> chuckcar wrote:

>>> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of
>>> his "ride".

>> Cite.

> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...37B93C2A8178FD
> 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st= cse

........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That article (the paragraph you can read without paying) isn't about D.
B. Cooper (aka Dan Cooper). D. B. was not an experienced skydiver. This
guy's name was Richard F. McCoy Jr. who was caught, sentenced,
imprisoned, then escaped in 1974. He was shot dead a few months later in
a battle with law enforcement.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c..._Cooper/9.html

--
-bts

Aardvark

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:56:32 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

> Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:e3idm.120864$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:44:05 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>>
>>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:h53s6e$ct8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

>>> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
>>> "ride".

>> Cite.

> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?

res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A8178FD
> 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st= cse

Oh, *that* guy?

The one who the FBI (link provided by Mara) say on their site was alibied
to the hilt?

chuckcar

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h55d19$ted$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Aardvark wrote:

>>> Cite.

>> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...5A137B93C2A817
>> 8FD 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st= cse

> .......................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That article (the paragraph you can read without paying) isn't about D.
> B. Cooper (aka Dan Cooper). D. B. was not an experienced skydiver. This
> guy's name was Richard F. McCoy Jr. who was caught, sentenced,
> imprisoned, then escaped in 1974. He was shot dead a few months later in
> a battle with law enforcement.
>
> http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c..._Cooper/9.html

D B Cooper could *easily* have been a pseudonym. They asked for a cite, I
gave one. For someone arrested *and* charged for *that* hijacking. I'm not
going to get into an argument about who had the better lawyer or who was
"innocent" or not. That's been decided as much as it ever will be. He got
off, but lost the money and did time. Hardly scott free. Proof was asked
for and was given. Show be D B cooper's birth certificate or shut up.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1Eqdm.178286$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:56:32 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:e3idm.120864$(E-Mail Removed)2:

>>> Cite.

>> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?

> res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A8178FD
>> 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st= cse

> Oh, *that* guy?
>
> The one who the FBI (link provided by Mara) say on their site was
> alibied to the hilt?

Arrested and charged. Good enough for OJ, Good enough proof for anyone.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chuckcar wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> chuckcar wrote:

>>> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...5A137B93C2A817
>>> 8FD 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st= cse

>> ..........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> That article (the paragraph you can read without paying) isn't about
>> D. B. Cooper (aka Dan Cooper). D. B. was not an experienced
>> skydiver. This guy's name was Richard F. McCoy Jr. who was caught,
>> sentenced, imprisoned, then escaped in 1974. He was shot dead a few
>> months later in a battle with law enforcement.
>>
>> http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c..._Cooper/9.html
>>

> D B Cooper could *easily* have been a pseudonym.

Duh! Of course it was!

> They asked for a cite, I gave one.

I could give you lots of cites to unrelated things, too.

> For someone arrested *and* charged for *that* hijacking.

The person known as D. B. Cooper was never arrested and charged. How
could you think that; he was never found.

> I'm not going to get into an argument about who had the better lawyer
> or who was "innocent" or not.

Why are you bringing up lawyers? Nobody has mentioned lawyers.

> That's been decided as much as it ever will be. He got off, but lost
> the money and did time.

How do you "get off" and do time?

> Hardly scott free. Proof was asked for and was given.

Not by you.

> Show be [me?] D B cooper's birth certificate or shut up.

You want a birth certificate for a *pseudonym*? Geez. C'mon, make up
some more ****!

--
-bts

Mara

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 00:16:27 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>chuckcar wrote:

<snipped chuckar's backpeddaling>

>> Show be [me?] D B cooper's birth certificate or shut up.

>You want a birth certificate for a *pseudonym*? Geez. C'mon, make up
>some more ****!

Oh, come on. Wasn't it bad enough before, without encouraging CtS further?

Eaugh.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r