Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Xilinx BRAM initialization with .coe file

Xilinx BRAM initialization with .coe file

aziz aziz is offline
Junior Member

Hello

I used core generator for generating BRAM, and use .coe file for initializing, but when I do synthesis I have warning : "the data_in (signal that is mapped to DIN (data input port of bram) is used but never assigned. This sourceless signal will be automatically connected to value 0".and ofcourse in simulation I have 0 value for that.
How Can I initialized bram with coe file ?

I used these instructions in my code "
attribute syn_black_box : boolean;
attribute syn_black_box of BSRAM0: component is true;
attribute box_type : string;
attribute box_type of BSRAM0 : component is "black_box";

Thanks

Xilinx BRAM initialization Brad Smallridge VHDL 5 08-01-2009 02:59 PM
xilinx Bram lastval Hardware 0 10-08-2007 09:22 PM
Use BRam and DRam on FPGA's Xilinx Gordon Freeman VHDL 5 04-23-2007 02:51 AM
Xilinx V-4 BRAM Brad Smallridge VHDL 0 01-20-2006 02:42 AM
Xilinx BRAM Init VHDL formats Brad Smallridge VHDL 1 01-17-2005 10:58 PM

Advertisments