Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cruddy P&S sales drop for Sony, DSLR sales jump

Cruddy P&S sales drop for Sony, DSLR sales jump

Rich

From amateur photographer:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_287255.html

Global sales of Sony digital SLRs tripled to 1.15 million units in the
year to 31 March but the firm sold 1.5m fewer compact cameras than the
year before, according to the firm's Annual Report.

The news came as the firm blamed the slowdown in compacts on consumers
not replacing their cameras as often as they were before the economic
recession.

Sony says compact sales fell 6% to 22m in the year to 31 March 2009,
in its review of operations published this week