Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Safari Display Problem

Safari Display Problem

Jane Hawkins

My asp.net-created page looks fine for most browsers, but on Safari the text
assigned to a label at the end of my file displays over the top of the
beginning text.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Todd A

Jane,
You might have some issues with many of the ASP.NET server controls when
viewed in anything other than IE 6.0.
My web apps do not look the same in Opera, Mozilla, or IE, especially when I
have a lot of server controls, like the label, text box, button, datagrid,
etc.
You're best bet might be to write W3C standards compliant XHTML in
conjunction with CSS, and try to fit that into your .NET model somehow. It
may require you to rethink how you write your apps. It is a challenge!
Especially with different browsers supporting different levels of CSS.
Check out http://www.w3c.org for more information.

May I recommend the following book. It is the only computer book I have
actually read cover to cover, and I have over 30 phone-book size computer
books in my posession:

Designing With Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman
ISBN 0-7357-1201-8
http://www.zeldman.com

I don't have a Safari browser, so I really can't try to troubleshoot this
problem for you. I am only trying to share some of my experiences to maybe
provide you with some insight.

-Todd A.

Safari display problems CiriusMex Ruby 4 08-11-2010 08:45 PM
Why doesn't Safari display bottom of my page? duckweather.in.seattle@gmail.com HTML 30 03-01-2008 10:02 AM
Safari display:none in a list khinester HTML 7 06-12-2007 12:29 PM
Display a block of text in Firefox & Safari drew197@yahoo.com Javascript 4 02-24-2006 02:27 PM
Any idea why the following page doesn't display in Safari 1.0 v85? Dave Rado HTML 24 01-03-2004 01:31 PM

Advertisments