Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SATA2 Hard Drives

SATA2 Hard Drives

Golden

I have 2 hard drives which are SATA2. There isn't any Slave or Master to
configure. I have 2 partitions on each drive. So if I take the C drive and
Image it and restore it to the 2nd hard drive 1st partition and re boot will
I still boot into my 1st hard drive. If I take the 1st hard drive out will
it boot into the 2nd hard drive 1st partition which will be the only hard
drive on the system at this time and nothing has been configured with the
hard drives?

Evan Platt

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:49:56 -0700, "Golden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have 2 hard drives which are SATA2. There isn't any Slave or Master to
>configure. I have 2 partitions on each drive. So if I take the C drive and
>Image it and restore it to the 2nd hard drive 1st partition and re boot will
>I still boot into my 1st hard drive. If I take the 1st hard drive out will
>it boot into the 2nd hard drive 1st partition which will be the only hard
>drive on the system at this time and nothing has been configured with the
>hard drives?

A complete comprehensive question. Very good.

You configure the boot order in your BIOS on your computer. This tells
the computer what drive to boot from.

Is that answering the question in it's simplest form enough for you?

Golden

>>I have 2 hard drives which are SATA2. There isn't any Slave or Master to
>>configure. I have 2 partitions on each drive. So if I take the C drive and
>>Image it and restore it to the 2nd hard drive 1st partition and re boot
>>will
>>I still boot into my 1st hard drive. If I take the 1st hard drive out will
>>it boot into the 2nd hard drive 1st partition which will be the only hard
>>drive on the system at this time and nothing has been configured with the
>>hard drives?

> A complete comprehensive question. Very good.
>
> You configure the boot order in your BIOS on your computer. This tells
> the computer what drive to boot from.
>
> Is that answering the question in it's simplest form enough for you?

Thanks Evan, I've been retired for 6 years and forgot about the boot in the
BOIS. Don't ever get old

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Golden wrote:

>>> Is that answering the question in it's simplest form enough for you?

>> Thanks Evan, I've been retired for 6 years and forgot about the boot in
>> the BOIS. Don't ever get old

>It happens to most of us if we live that long.

And yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers,
But all that lives is born to die.
And so I say to you that nothing really matters,
And all you do is stand and cry.

That's The Way - Led Zeppelin

--

Wilt Chamberlain and Andre the Giant -- holding up Arnold Schwarzenegger (on the set of Conan).
http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpre...econanwilt.jpg

Hu Flung Dung

Golden, ye fawning milk-livered man, drunkenness is thy best virtue, for
ye will be swine drunk, and in thy sleep thou does little harm, save to
thy ****-stained bedclothes about thee, ye winced:

> I've been retired for 6 years and forgot...

> Don't ever get old

You're only as old as the woman you feel.

--
Evoker of madness

Aardvark

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 10:25:37 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

> Hu Flung Dung wrote:
>> Golden, ye fawning milk-livered man, drunkenness is thy best virtue,
>> for ye will be swine drunk, and in thy sleep thou does little harm,
>> save to thy ****-stained bedclothes about thee, ye winced:
>>
>>> I've been retired for 6 years and forgot...

>>> Don't ever get old

>> You're only as old as the woman you feel.

> Does that have to be physically or does mentally count?

Physically is much more fun.

Hu Flung Dung

Evan Platt, ye pea-brained empty purse, having flown over many knavish
professions, thou settled only on rogue, ye vomited:

> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:49:56 -0700, "Golden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have 2 hard drives which are SATA2. There isn't any Slave or
>> Master to configure. I have 2 partitions on each drive. So if I take
>> the C drive and Image it and restore it to the 2nd hard drive 1st
>> partition and re boot will I still boot into my 1st hard drive. If I
>> take the 1st hard drive out will it boot into the 2nd hard drive 1st
>> partition which will be the only hard drive on the system at this
>> time and nothing has been configured with the hard drives?

> A complete comprehensive question. Very good.
>
> You configure the boot order in your BIOS on your computer. This tells
> the computer what drive to boot from.
>
> Is that answering the question in it's simplest form enough for you?

You got a "complete comprehensive question" and still you failed to answer
it correctly, Pratt, you less than useless ****tard ****.

--
Evoker of madness