Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Attention Slackware users

Reply
Thread Tools

Attention Slackware users

 
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2009
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:13:16 -0400, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
of the trolls Beauregard T. Shagnasty was heard to say:

> chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Caulfield Man wrote:
>>> Why do you keep using Slackware? Consider this an academic question,
>>> so Google can't help, and no I don't think a hard drive format will
>>> help.
>>>
>>> (I like debian based distro's, the packages are easy to find and
>>> install)

>>
>> Ease of use is the last reason to use linux - any distribution.

>
> You haven't used one for awhile, have you?


He hasn't, or would not come out with such a crass statement.
Or perhaps his IQ isn't above room temperature.

--
This message was sent from a
computer which is guaranteed
100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
-- 64bit GNU/Linux systems --
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
G. Morgan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2009
Rgr wrote:

>William Poaster wrote:
>
>> He hasn't, or would not come out with such a crass statement.
>> Or perhaps his IQ isn't above room temperature.

>
>It's 140 here. Is that good?


No. 140 is way above room temperature. Turn on the air conditioning.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2009
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:11:17 -0400, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
of the trolls Rôgêr was heard to say:

> William Poaster wrote:
>
>> He hasn't, or would not come out with such a crass statement. Or
>> perhaps his IQ isn't above room temperature.

>
> It's 140 here. Is that good?


You're running a temperature. If just lie down a moment, I can toast
this bread on you.

--
This message was sent from a
computer which is guaranteed
100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
-- 64bit GNU/Linux systems --
 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2009
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed) d:

> chuckcar wrote:
>
>> Caulfield Man wrote:
>>> Why do you keep using Slackware? Consider this an academic question,
>>> so Google can't help, and no I don't think a hard drive format will
>>> help.
>>>
>>> (I like debian based distro's, the packages are easy to find and
>>> install)

>>
>> Ease of use is the last reason to use linux - any distribution.

>
> You haven't used one for awhile, have you?
>

You plainly never *have* or you would have some sort of clue what I was
referring to. Or you use something breain dead like Ubuntu where you
didn't even know what window manager you were using.


--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2009
chuckcar wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> Ease of use is the last reason to use linux - any distribution.

>>
>> You haven't used one for awhile, have you?
>>

> You plainly never *have* or you would have some sort of clue what I
> was referring to.


Perhaps then it is because your phraseology sucks.

> Or you use something breain [sic] dead like Ubuntu where you didn't
> even know what window manager you were using.


Ubuntu is not breain dead. In fact, I have converted many Windows users
because it works so well. I've used RedHat, Fedora, Mandrake, Mandriva,
Knoppix and a couple others discarded, but now I use Ubuntu because I
can use the same as I installed on my friends' computers. Makes it
easier to answer questions if they call. They don't though, because it
works so smooth.

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Windows
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C++ / STL / G++ / Slackware Ludis C++ 2 01-13-2006 12:11 PM
Slackware developer package on debian? Uplink Computer Information 0 01-12-2006 12:35 AM
k3b and Slackware 10.1 xx Robert Cooze NZ Computing 0 09-10-2005 09:59 PM
Apache Tomcat Slackware rwfields Java 0 07-07-2004 04:19 PM
Slackware 7.0 FIPS headache Boris Badenuff Computer Support 6 07-24-2003 07:19 PM



Advertisments