Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best way to handle fascists...

Best way to handle fascists...

hwf

This is absolutely brilliant...
http://www.democraticunderground.com...ll&address=389
x6181595

Send in the clowns

--
Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/

chuckcar

hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h4t23f$u1d$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> This is absolutely brilliant...
> http://www.democraticunderground.com...=view_all&addr
> ess=389 x6181595
>
> Send in the clowns

I was under the impression that the KKK was banned in the US. If they can
jail US citizens in foreign lands without trial, how is it that the KKK
can still exist?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> chuckcar wrote:
>> hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:h4t23f$u1d$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>>
>>> This is absolutely brilliant...
>>> http://www.democraticunderground.com...az=view_all&ad
>>> dr ess=389 x6181595
>>>
>>> Send in the clowns
>>>

>> I was under the impression that the KKK was banned in the US. If they
>> can jail US citizens in foreign lands without trial, how is it that the
>> KKK can still exist?

> Not banned, they have 1st Amendment rights. Unfortunately.

Um. No, that is overidden by their abuse thereof. All constitutional
rights are only applicable if they're not used to break existing laws.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Mike Yetto

Bada bing chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> §ñühw¤£f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:h4t23f$u1d$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

>>> I was under the impression that the KKK was banned in the US. If they
>>> can jail US citizens in foreign lands without trial, how is it that the
>>> KKK can still exist?

>> Not banned, they have 1st Amendment rights. Unfortunately.
>>

> Um. No, that is overidden by their abuse thereof. All constitutional
> rights are only applicable if they're not used to break existing laws.

That is a rather broad and incorrect interpretation of, "The
First Amendment does not allow the shouting of 'Fire' in a
crowded theatre."

Mike "but we expect that of you" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
- William of Ockham

Mike Yetto

Bada bing Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>> This is absolutely brilliant...
>> http://www.democraticunderground.com...ll&address=389
>> x6181595
>>
>> Send in the clowns

> Knoxville isn't that far from me, about 100 miles. I'm real proud of
> them Vols for doing that.

Please tell me this really happened and it isn't some joke news
story that should have happened.

Mike "puhleeeeze" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
- William of Ockham

hwf

Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>:

>Bada bing Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
>> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
>>> This is absolutely brilliant...

http://www.democraticunderground.com...az=view_all&ad
dress=389
>>> x6181595
>>>
>>> Send in the clowns

>> Knoxville isn't that far from me, about 100 miles. I'm real proud of
>> them Vols for doing that.

>Please tell me this really happened and it isn't some joke news
>story that should have happened.
>
>Mike "puhleeeeze" Yetto

Its the real deal.
Its brilliant...strange it hasnt been done before.
(maybe it has?)

^_^

hwf

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed) >:

>chuckcar wrote:
>> hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:h4t23f$u1d$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>>
>>> This is absolutely brilliant...

http://www.democraticunderground.com...az=view_all&ad
dr
>>> ess=389 x6181595
>>>
>>> Send in the clowns
>>>

>> I was under the impression that the KKK was banned in the US. If

they can
>> jail US citizens in foreign lands without trial, how is it that the

KKK
>> can still exist?

>Not banned, they have 1st Amendment rights. Unfortunately.

As a member of teh ACLU I ferverently support the rights of Stupid
People to parade their stupidity proudly.

^_^

chuckcar

Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> Bada bing chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
>> Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

>>> Not banned, they have 1st Amendment rights. Unfortunately.
>>>

>> Um. No, that is overidden by their abuse thereof. All constitutional
>> rights are only applicable if they're not used to break existing laws.
>>

> That is a rather broad and incorrect interpretation of, "The
> First Amendment does not allow the shouting of 'Fire' in a
> crowded theatre."

No, you miss my point. The KKK uses their 1st amendment to stop *other*
people having rights. That makes them unable to claim their own rights are
violated.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Mike Yetto

Bada bing chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>
>> Bada bing chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
>>> Um. No, that is overidden by their abuse thereof. All constitutional
>>> rights are only applicable if they're not used to break existing laws.
>>>

>> That is a rather broad and incorrect interpretation of, "The
>> First Amendment does not allow the shouting of 'Fire' in a
>> crowded theatre."

> No, you miss my point. The KKK uses their 1st amendment to stop *other*
> people having rights. That makes them unable to claim their own rights are
> violated.

No, your point (and that expressed by many others) is that bad
guys can have their rights curtailed for the good of the many.
As long as you get to define bad guys and the many.

Mike "it tolls for thee" Yetto
--
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
- William of Ockham

Mara

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 03:05:53 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>chuckcar wrote:

<snip>

>> No, you miss my point. The KKK uses their 1st amendment to stop *other*
>> people having rights. That makes them unable to claim their own rights are
>> violated.

>Not sure what world you are living in, but the KKK in America has as
>much right to peaceable assembly and yell "white power" as do clowns. If
>they didn't, the term Free Speech would soon fade from our lexicon. It's
>the very essence of the 1st Amendment that ALL speech is allowed, even
>unsavory speech, unless it's along the lines of yelling fire in a
>theater as someone pointed out. You can't incite riots, you can't
>instigate a stampede in a dark theater. But if you want to express your
>opinion on something, no matter how stupid that opinion may be, it's
>allowed.

In theory, anyway.

--
"If there is one thing upon this earth that mankind love and admire
better than another, it is a brave man, - it is the man who dares to look