Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Textarea question

Re: Textarea question

richard

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:29:36 -0400, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

>I have what should be a simple question. On a form with a textarea, how
>do you make it so that the user can start a new paragraph? Hitting
>Enter causes the page to submit. I have searched in Google, but all I
>have found is how to put text in there pro programmatically so that
>there are separate paragraphs. i know it can be done since I have seen
>sites that have it.
>
>I am including the javascript newsgroup in case it requires js to work.

Perhaps in the javascript you should set the focus to the enter key so
it will create a new line rather than as a "submit" button and then
only use the button for submitting.

not sure how it's done in JS though.

Gregor Kofler

richard meinte:

> Perhaps in the javascript you should set the focus to the enter key so
> it will create a new line rather than as a "submit" button and then
> only use the button for submitting.

"Focus to the enter key"?

> not sure how it's done in JS though.

In other words: You are completely clueless, but you had your 15 seconds
of fame.

Gregor

--
http://www.gregorkofler.com