Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo Gallery of Luxembourg - Art Noveau lunatic asylum

Reply
Thread Tools

Photo Gallery of Luxembourg - Art Noveau lunatic asylum

 
 
NotSure
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2009
On my recent visit to Luxemurg I sampled the available sights and
vistas,
here a gallery of record shots:
http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/...x2a/index.html

T-shirt designs as seen in Germany and other impressions, including
the amazing imprint of a pigeon (in mid flight) on a window and the
interior of an Art Noveau lunatic asylum...
http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/...-ac-dj-t-shirt

Visualized boredom on intercontinental flights, romantic airports,
haha...
http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090518-AKL-FRA-2/

.... enjoy



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
NotSure
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2009
more pictures from that one day visit to Luxembourg:
here http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090705-lux2b/
and here http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090705-lux2c/

anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric Stevens
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2009
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 04:25:37 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>more pictures from that one day visit to Luxembourg:
>here http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090705-lux2b/
>and here http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090705-lux2c/
>
>anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?


Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation in
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/sh...t-from-sw.html



Eric Stevens
 
Reply With Quote
 
NotSure
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2009

> >anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?

> Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation ,,,
> Eric Stevens


YES! the amazing Antikythera Mechanism on a website of US American for-
profit abomination
And a degrading and vulgar commerCIAlization video ... mental theft of
some fine italian work,
paid for by the people of Italy.

Here I made a blog with all the amazing facts, link to the HIGH RES
video download
and a link to the satellite image of the location it was found on 17
May 1902 ...

http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogs...-may-1902.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric Stevens
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2009
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 04:49:41 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>> >anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?

> > Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation ,,,
>> Eric Stevens

>
>YES! the amazing Antikythera Mechanism on a website of US American for-
>profit abomination


New Scientist is British.

>And a degrading and vulgar commerCIAlization video ... mental theft of
>some fine italian work,
>paid for by the people of Italy.
>
>Here I made a blog with all the amazing facts, link to the HIGH RES
>video download
>and a link to the satellite image of the location it was found on 17
>May 1902 ...
>
>http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogs...-may-1902.html
>




Eric Stevens
 
Reply With Quote
 
NotSure
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2009
Re: http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090705-lux2c/

Thanks Eric! (see below)

Here is a question for digital photo experts:

I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
(photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
that gives good results.

is HUGIN easy to use?

The comparision at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ions_(software)
needs some work...

== my panorama examples ==

http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/...g_pan3h58.html

http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/aucklandfresno/

http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/...6m25s-PAN.html

http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/..._pan12h50.html


===== OFF TOPIC =======

> >> >anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?


> > > Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation ,,,
> >> Eric Stevens


> >YES! the amazing Antikythera Mechanism on a website of US American for-
> >profit abomination


> New Scientist is British.


I should have said "Anglo-American".

> >Here I made a blog with all the amazing facts, link to the HIGH RES
> >video download
> >and a link to the satellite image of the location it was found on 17
> >May 1902 ...


> > http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogs...-may-1902.html


If there was one "mechanism" IMHO there would have been a few more..
versions of it. The genius "watchmaker" probably did not just produce
a single one that then sank with a merchant ship. Maybe this
presumption could be substantiated by looking into the records of
those times in order to search for evidence of astronomical presages.
IF the device was indeed precise enough -- and not just used for
demonstration of heavenly cycles.

 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2009
NotSure wrote:
[]
> I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
> (photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
> results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
> that gives good results.


I have found AutoPano Pro easy to use and it gives very good results:

http://www.autopano.net/en/

I liked it enough to buy it. You just point it at a directory of photos
and press go. If you wish, you can refine the pano settings it
automatically detects before pressing Make Pano.

David

[Cross-posting trimmed]

 
Reply With Quote
 
NotSure
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2009
> I have found AutoPano Pro easy to use and it gives very good results:
> I liked it enough to buy it. *You just point it at a directory of photos
> and press go.


Really? Wow!! THANKS!!!

 
Reply With Quote
 
me
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2009
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:17:22 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
>(photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
>results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
>that gives good results.



David mentioned a commercial implementation of the Autosticth
algorithms. First, you might want to give the free version a try.

http://www.autostitch.net

 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2009
me wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:17:22 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
>> (photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
>> results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
>> that gives good results.

>
>
> David mentioned a commercial implementation of the Autosticth
> algorithms. First, you might want to give the free version a try.
>
> http://www.autostitch.net


Indeed, that's an excellent start. One thing I noticed in the pano
examples the OP gave were ghost images, and the removal of ghosts was one
of the features which persuaded me to buy AutoPano Pro, together with the
ability to produce cylindrical and rectilinear (pure wide-angle)
projections.

Cheers,
David

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batman: Arkham Asylum & PhysX Gameplay Review Ian Front Page News 0 10-20-2009 12:40 PM
photo gallery Industry ruins - Steel Works Luxembourg NotSure Digital Photography 3 08-08-2009 12:45 PM
ANN: lunatic-python 0.1 Gustavo Niemeyer Python 20 12-15-2003 01:39 PM
Lua, Lunatic and Python John Benson Python 0 12-13-2003 08:34 PM
online camshop Luxembourg? Olivier V. Digital Photography 0 10-02-2003 03:18 PM



Advertisments