Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > IP Adresses Mayhem

IP Adresses Mayhem

MeekiMoo MeekiMoo is offline
Junior Member

I think my friend might have been scammed. She joined a singles dating site and got lots of replies but one of them seemed suspicious after what transpired afterward. She downloaded a program to track down people's IP addresses, so when she was on her IM she could find out the IP of who she was talking to. She started talking to this girl and it seemed great until two other people she did not know added her claiming to have been referred by the initial girl she spoke with. All three of the patrons she talked to said there were in Spain, which is exactly what their IP said... but all three of them had the same IP and all three of them had the same ISP. Is it possible that these three people could in fact be THREE different people with the same IP living in Spain? Or are they all the same person. I also pitched the possibility of them having used videos on their webcams to personify a false image... I'm a bit "techy" so she called me over to "investigate". I'm convinced that all three of these "people" are in fact one person as while she was talking to one of them while broadcasting webcam, the camera of the person she was talking to was bizarre. One minute it shows someone typing, then the next is of their face similar to the initial shot we saw when we began the conversation. I'm not particularly sure if it's possible for a "malfunction" or something but can different local computers have the same IP?
btw, for any computer wizards, the IP of the alleged perpetrator is 82.158.52.104 traced to Madrid, Spain under the ISP of Retevison S.A. and Madritel.

jnpoirier jnpoirier is offline
Junior Member

I was wondering what the downloader is because i have had people harassing me online on facebook like making up fake people so I was wondering how I might find out who those people are??

MeekiMoo MeekiMoo is offline
Junior Member

That's an unfortunate problem. It'd be really nice if someone could help us both by actually replying...

technoplume technoplume is offline
Member

Yes it'S pôsible if they use IP hidding program. Those program redirect trafic to anonymous server. And they become untraceable after.