Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > The recession and you: has the economy changed your IT spending?

The recession and you: has the economy changed your IT spending?

Mikhail

If you can spare about 10 minutes to take a survey I would love to
hear about how the global recession is (or is not) changing your
personal or organizational IT plans.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...2fA_3d_3d&c=47

This is part of a study I am conducting for my own blog
(www.surkan.com), and I will be making the results freely available in
the coming weeks. I am doing this as part of my own private research
effort, and it isn't being done on the behalf of any corporations or
clients. This subject (i.e. how the economy impacts IT trends) is
something that has fascinated me for years while I was employed as a
market researcher at Microsoft, and now that I am no longer with the
firm I am free to really explore the subject.

I donít have any fancy prizes, or incentives, to offer you for taking
the survey (i.e. I donít have any kind of research budget), but I can
promise the reward that comes from helping your fellow man, and making
the world a better place.

Ok, thatís a little over the topÖ But your contribution (through
answering the survey questions) will go towards helping the tech
industry understand how to better meet your needs in a changed world.
If nothing else, the results of this study should prove to be an
interesting read for anyone.

Thanks,
Michael Surkan

P.S. This survey is designed so that people who say they have an IT
related job will be shown enterprise-type questions. Everyone else
will see questions about technology spending in the home. You are free
to take the survey twice if you are particularly ambitious, answering
both the enterprise and consumer IT sections.