Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player

Golden

When I take videos with my web cam and I play it back in Windows Media
Player there is no sound. Windows Media Player will play other sounds but
not from my web cam. Logitech told my that I had some codes that were
missing in Windows media player because I sent them a video and it played
just fine on their Windows Media player. Anyone know how I might be able to
solve this problem?

Singapore Computer Service

Hello,

Reinstall Windows Media Player
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx

Alternatively, play the video in another player software like VLC player
(free)
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

--
Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"Golden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3njbm.31602$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I take videos with my web cam and I play it back in Windows Media
> Player there is no sound. Windows Media Player will play other sounds but
> not from my web cam. Logitech told my that I had some codes that were
> missing in Windows media player because I sent them a video and it played
> just fine on their Windows Media player. Anyone know how I might be able
> to solve this problem?

Aardvark

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:44:30 +0800, Singapore Computer Service wrote:

> Hell

< http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml >

FYI

Evan Platt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Reinstall Windows Media Player
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx

Umm.. Because that will help since the OP is missing a audio codec.

>Alternatively, play the video in another player software like VLC player
>(free)
>http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

That will help IF VLC installs the codec the OP needs.

hwf

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:44:30 +0800, "Singapore Computer Service"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Reinstall Windows Media Player
> >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx

> Umm.. Because that will help since the OP is missing a audio codec.

The latest version of WMP should have the up-to-date codecs.

> >Alternatively, play the video in another player software like VLC player
> >(free)
> >http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

> That will help IF VLC installs the codec the OP needs.

I'd trust VLC over WMP any day.

Codec packs:http://www.codecguide.com/

HTT

--
http://www.milksucks.com/pus.asp
-James Madison

Evan Platt

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:15:01 GMT, Jordan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I needed to set up a computer to launch a video automatically from
>switch-on. I set the BIOS to start the Windows OS from power up from a
>power point timer switch. I put a link to Media Player into the Startup
>folder, but that's when a limitation became evident - once it started,
>it needed a human to click the "Full screen" option, otherwise I'd just
>get the video in a window within the Windows desktop. I could find no
>solution to this, until I realised that there are some great free video
>players. GOM is the one I used, doing all I needed and with many more
>configurable options than Windows Media Player.

VLC:

Shortcut properties:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\path\to\video\file.avi -f"

I'm sure something similar would work for WMP.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Golden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I take videos with my web cam and I play it back in Windows Media
>Player there is no sound. Windows Media Player will play other sounds but
>not from my web cam. Logitech told my that I had some codes that were
>missing in Windows media player because I sent them a video and it played
>just fine on their Windows Media player. Anyone know how I might be able to
>solve this problem?

Download and install K-Light
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm

--