Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > MCTS Certification for VB 6.0

Reply
Thread Tools

MCTS Certification for VB 6.0

 
 
Vivek Gupta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-27-2009
Is there any certification for VB 6.0 ? If not,what are the other
certifications one can go for ? Will 70-536 certification be useful in this
case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
developer with 2 years of experience ?

Thanks in advance.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Vivek Gupta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2009

Expecting some feedback guys!!

"Vivek Gupta" wrote:

> Is there any certification for VB 6.0 ? If not,what are the other
> certifications one can go for ? Will 70-536 certification be useful in this
> case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
> developer with 2 years of experience ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lawrence Garvin [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2009
"Vivek Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Expecting some feedback guys!


<sigh>.. okay...

>> Is there any certification for VB 6.0 ?


Have you tried looking on the Microsoft Learning website?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning

Short answer: There are no available certifications for products that many
versions old.


>> If not,what are the other certifications one can go for ?


Same site. Same answers.


>> Will 70-536 certification be useful in this
>> case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
>> developer with 2 years of experience ?


70-536 is required for any developer certification; it's rather pointless
whether you think it will be "useful" or not, but to answer the question
anyway, I guess that depends on whether you intend to market yourself as a
VB6 programmer for the rest of your life, or you intend to learn the .NET
Framework API/Library at some point. The 70-536 will be indispensable in the
process of learning anything about .NET, and absolutely required -- since my
assumption is that you are interested in certification -- you just don't
know what's available (or how to find it).


--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

 
Reply With Quote
 
Vivek Gupta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2009
Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your reply.I do know where to look for certifications.But I did
not find any certifications for VB 6.0 and just wanted to make sure regarding
the same.I do understand that 70 - 536 is a certification for .Net framework
foundation.I basically wanted to know if this certification is in the right
direction , considering that currently I am on VB 6.0 and do intend to move
to .Net,since VB 6.0 has become outdated.

Regards,
Vivek Gupta

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" wrote:

> "Vivek Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Expecting some feedback guys!

>
> <sigh>.. okay...
>
> >> Is there any certification for VB 6.0 ?

>
> Have you tried looking on the Microsoft Learning website?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning
>
> Short answer: There are no available certifications for products that many
> versions old.
>
>
> >> If not,what are the other certifications one can go for ?

>
> Same site. Same answers.
>
>
> >> Will 70-536 certification be useful in this
> >> case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
> >> developer with 2 years of experience ?

>
> 70-536 is required for any developer certification; it's rather pointless
> whether you think it will be "useful" or not, but to answer the question
> anyway, I guess that depends on whether you intend to market yourself as a
> VB6 programmer for the rest of your life, or you intend to learn the .NET
> Framework API/Library at some point. The 70-536 will be indispensable in the
> process of learning anything about .NET, and absolutely required -- since my
> assumption is that you are interested in certification -- you just don't
> know what's available (or how to find it).
>
>
> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
> Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
>
> MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
LarryWestMCSD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2009
Brainbench still offers certification in Visual Basic 6.0.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS
* always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
* developing personal computer software since before the PC.


"Vivek Gupta" wrote:

> Hi Lawrence,
>
> Thanks for your reply.I do know where to look for certifications.But I did
> not find any certifications for VB 6.0 and just wanted to make sure regarding
> the same.I do understand that 70 - 536 is a certification for .Net framework
> foundation.I basically wanted to know if this certification is in the right
> direction , considering that currently I am on VB 6.0 and do intend to move
> to .Net,since VB 6.0 has become outdated.
>
> Regards,
> Vivek Gupta
>
> "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > "Vivek Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > Expecting some feedback guys!

> >
> > <sigh>.. okay...
> >
> > >> Is there any certification for VB 6.0 ?

> >
> > Have you tried looking on the Microsoft Learning website?
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning
> >
> > Short answer: There are no available certifications for products that many
> > versions old.
> >
> >
> > >> If not,what are the other certifications one can go for ?

> >
> > Same site. Same answers.
> >
> >
> > >> Will 70-536 certification be useful in this
> > >> case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
> > >> developer with 2 years of experience ?

> >
> > 70-536 is required for any developer certification; it's rather pointless
> > whether you think it will be "useful" or not, but to answer the question
> > anyway, I guess that depends on whether you intend to market yourself as a
> > VB6 programmer for the rest of your life, or you intend to learn the .NET
> > Framework API/Library at some point. The 70-536 will be indispensable in the
> > process of learning anything about .NET, and absolutely required -- since my
> > assumption is that you are interested in certification -- you just don't
> > know what's available (or how to find it).
> >
> >
> > --
> > Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
> > Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
> > Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
> >
> > MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> > My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MCTS certification RICHA Microsoft Certification 1 01-10-2009 05:30 AM
Order to take MCTS Certification Exams Angella Andrea Microsoft Certification 2 03-26-2008 08:06 PM
MCTS .NET 2.0 (C#) Certification Question Kevin Microsoft Certification 6 02-04-2008 01:42 AM
Which do you prefer? MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Willy David Jr MCTS 3 01-09-2007 05:49 AM
Need information regarding the MCTS certification =?Utf-8?B?eW9naQ==?= Microsoft Certification 3 10-29-2006 08:40 AM



Advertisments