Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows explorer temp files folder

Windows explorer temp files folder

Jack Bean

In windows vista home premium I run malwarebytes often. Last time I noticed it
was checking numerous clipboardcache files. As soon as it was done, I tried
locating these files to delete them. Problem is, explorer won't list them. So is
there to cause explorer to show these files?
I've also noticed explorer refuses to show the temp internet file folders.

PeeCee

"Jack Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In windows vista home premium I run malwarebytes often. Last time I
> noticed it
> was checking numerous clipboardcache files. As soon as it was done, I
> tried
> locating these files to delete them. Problem is, explorer won't list them.
> So is
> there to cause explorer to show these files?
> I've also noticed explorer refuses to show the temp internet file folders.

Control Panel
Folder Options
View tab
Tick 'show hidden...'
and
If you know what you're doing.
Untick 'Hide protected operating system files...'

Best
Paul.

Evan Platt

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:14:06 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What if that is checked and they still won't show?
>I just did a check of mine. That item is checked and I don't see the
>folder either.
>Using a dos prompt, I did a directory search and
>C:\users\userid\AppData didn't even show on the list even though
>explorer shows it.

DIR by default won't show hidden or system files.

Try

DIR /AH
to show hidden files / folders
DIR /AS
to show system files / folders, although likely a system file is also
hidden.