Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Position:fixed header in 3 col layout?

Reply
Thread Tools

Position:fixed header in 3 col layout?

 
 
Bo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2009
How can make the header position:fixed in the code below? If I add it to the
header div it moves to the right and messes up the layout in IE7. Is it
possible to have a 3 col layout with position:fixed header somehow?

<style type='text/css'>

..wrapper{
margin: 0px auto;
width: 986px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..header{
float: left;
width: 986px;
height: 114px;
}
..contents{
background-color:#ffffff;
float:left;
width:986px;
}
..left1{
float: left;
margin-right: 20px;
margin-top: 10px;
width: 180px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..left2{
float: left;
margin-right: 20px;
margin-top: 20px;
width: 606px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..right{
float: right;
margin-top: 20px;
width: 160px;
background-color: #ffffff
}
..footer{
float: left;
width: 100%;
}

body {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-color: #7F7F7F;
background-image: url(/layout/bg_grey.png);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-position: left top;
min-width:986px;

}
</style>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2009
In article <4a6c12c7$0$48235$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Bo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How can make the header position:fixed in the code below?


Supply a URL

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2009
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:24:30 +0200, Bo wrote:

> How can make the header position:fixed in the code below?


position:fixed;

> If I add it to the
> header div it moves to the right and messes up the layout in IE7.


To the right of what?
Only in IE7? No other browser?

> Is it
> possible to have a 3 col layout with position:fixed header somehow?


Yes.

>
> <style type='text/css'>


Post a URL, not (some disconnected) code.

> .header{
> float: left;


If 'position' has the value 'absolute' or 'fixed', the box is absolutely
positioned, the computed value of 'float' is 'none', and display is set
according to the table below. The position of the box will be determined by
the 'top', 'right', 'bottom' and 'left' properties and the box's containing
block.
- http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#dis-pos-flo


--
John
On Usenet, you can get an answer to any question you ask.
You just need to ask the right questions.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2009

"dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelelsen
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <4a6c12c7$0$48235$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Bo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How can make the header position:fixed in the code below?

>
> Supply a URL


http://digitalt.host22.com/test1.htm header above and centered in IE8,
latest firefox and Chrome.

Screenshots
IE7 http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9611/testie7.jpg
IE8 (Firefox/Chrome latest)
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7451/testie8m.jpg

 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2009
In article <4a6c8cba$0$48244$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Bo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelelsen
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <4a6c12c7$0$48235$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "Bo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> How can make the header position:fixed in the code below?

> >
> > Supply a URL

>
> http://digitalt.host22.com/test1.htm header above and centered in IE8,
> latest firefox and Chrome.
>
> Screenshots
> IE7 http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9611/testie7.jpg
> IE8 (Firefox/Chrome latest)
> http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7451/testie8m.jpg


I can't test on IE7 (or just now but why have you got float left on
the header?

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Header files with "header.h" or <header.h> ?? mlt C++ 2 01-31-2009 02:54 PM
Dynamic temp. datagrid col.gen. -Session access inside a class inside a UserCtrl Andy Eshtry ASP .Net 0 03-01-2004 11:48 PM
Remove datagrid col at runtime? Chip ASP .Net 1 12-19-2003 12:03 AM
Binding DataSet with changed col. captions GrumpyDev ASP .Net 0 08-21-2003 08:21 PM



Advertisments