Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > burning DVD DL or CD

burning DVD DL or CD

MZ

Hello!

What is the best burning CD and DVD DL speed ?
It is written on the DVD+R DL disc: "8x speed vitasse".

Is it good that I burn every DVD+R DL the lowest speed as possible? (2 x)
I would like to avoid errors on burnt disc.

I heard that the lowest speed is not the best one, and it should be burnt
the speed as it is written on the DVD / CD package?

Is it true?

Thank you in advance
Heyoo

GTS

"MZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h4enfn$in0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> What is the best burning CD and DVD DL speed ?
> It is written on the DVD+R DL disc: "8x speed vitasse".
>
> Is it good that I burn every DVD+R DL the lowest speed as possible? (2 x)
> I would like to avoid errors on burnt disc.
>
> I heard that the lowest speed is not the best one, and it should be burnt
> the speed as it is written on the DVD / CD package?
>
> Is it true?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Heyoo

The best speed is the fastest that your hardware and the media support.
There's no need to try to slow it down unless you're running into problems.

Paul

MZ wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What is the best burning CD and DVD DL speed ?
> It is written on the DVD+R DL disc: "8x speed vitasse".
>
> Is it good that I burn every DVD+R DL the lowest speed as possible? (2 x)
> I would like to avoid errors on burnt disc.
>
> I heard that the lowest speed is not the best one, and it should be burnt
> the speed as it is written on the DVD / CD package?
>
> Is it true?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Heyoo

You slow down the burning speed, until you get good error scans
from the finished disc. For example, on my CD burner, I have
48x rated discs, and I burn them at 16x. Once I know the correct
value to use, I use that for every burn afterwards (for the
remainder of media on the spindle of discs). The first few discs
serve to "calibrate" the media, for best results. Burning at
top speed, doesn't always lead to good results.

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggIma...294-011-04.jpg

If you examine some optical drive reviews, you can learn about
how they evaluate the quality of burns. This site has plenty of
error scans in their reviews, so you can see what typically
happens.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/15441...performance-5/

Paul