Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Folder options

Folder options

Andy Petro

I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control panel
but how can I find out the extensions.

Evan Platt

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:41:29 -0400, "Andy Petro"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control panel
>but how can I find out the extensions.

Assuming you're using some version of Windows, Open Windows Explorer,
go to Tools, Folder Options, File types.

If you mean something else, expand upon your question.

Although, I'm betting in about 24 hours you'll ask the same exact
question again.

alan

"Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h4b7da$ngv$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control panel
>but how can I find out the extensions.

Have no idea what you're referring to when you say you're "being asked to
create an association in folder options", but if you want to know the
extensions of your files:
Control Panel > Folder Options > View:
*UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

alan wrote:

> *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

And the default is one of the most stupid Microsoft tricks ever.

"naked_babe.jpg .exe"

--
-bts

PeeCee

news:h4b9m0$28j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> alan wrote:
>
>> *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

> And the default is one of the most stupid Microsoft tricks ever.

Amen to that.
Stoooooooopid default to hide extensions, but then it is M$

P.

Hu Flung Dung

alan, ye decaying jackanape, I desire that we be better strangers, ye
perspired:

> "Andy Petro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h4b7da$ngv$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> I keep being asked to create an association in folder options
>> control panel but how can I find out the extensions.

> Have no idea what you're referring to when you say you're "being
> asked to create an association in folder options", but if you want to
> know the extensions of your files:
> Control Panel > Folder Options > View:
> *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

You utterly ****witted nincompoop.

Dan C

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:41:29 -0400, Andy Petro wrote:

> I keep being asked to create an association in folder options control
> panel but how can I find out the extensions.

42.

Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

hwf

PeeCee <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<h4bkfh$9fn$(E-Mail Removed)>:

>"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:h4b9m0$28j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> alan wrote:
>>
>>> *UN*check "Hide extensions for known file types"

>> And the default is one of the most stupid Microsoft tricks ever.

>Amen to that.
>Stoooooooopid default to hide extensions, but then it is M$
>
>P.

You have to delete a couple of keys in the registry if you want to see
the full extension.
g00gle "scraps object" for some interesting reading sometime.

^_^

Walter Bushell

In article <h4gngi$fbf$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jesus" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> YES I DO MY SON !!

You do your son?

Mhzjunkie

Walter Bushell spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

> In article <h4gngi$fbf$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jesus" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> YES I DO MY SON !!

> You do your son?

You looking for proper technique ?