Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft finalizes Windows 7

Microsoft finalizes Windows 7

Will Spencer

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/c...ows/index.html

Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.

The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.

In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
way.

Dave Doe

In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...

> http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/c...ows/index.html
>
> Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
> the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
> and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.
>
> The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
> differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
> the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.
>
> In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
> hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
> way.

Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

--
Duncan

Nathan Mercer

On Jul 24, 12:51*pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>

> >http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/c...ows/index.html

> > Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
> > the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
> > and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.

> > The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
> > differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
> > the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.

> > In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
> > hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
> > way.

> Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

did you try it?

Dave Doe

In article <d1249c60-db0d-42e6-b2cd-
(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Jul 24, 12:51*pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >

> > >http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/c...ows/index.html

> > > Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
> > > the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
> > > and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.

> > > The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
> > > differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
> > > the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.

> > > In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
> > > hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
> > > way.

> > Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

> did you try it?

I have been, and still am, yes. I think it's the best OS MS have
produced, however, I also think *all* existing Vista licences should
have a free update to Windows 7 (Vista SP2).

--
Duncan

Dave Doe

(E-Mail Removed) says...
> In article <d1249c60-db0d-42e6-b2cd-
> (E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > On Jul 24, 12:51*pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> > > Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

> > did you try it?

> I have been, and still am, yes. I think it's the best OS MS have
> produced, however, I also think *all* existing Vista licences should
> have a free update to Windows 7 (Vista SP2).

I should add... Office 10... OK, a long way to release time, but man, MS
have a lot of bugs to fix. Looking forward to being able to deploy in
particular Outlook 10 with it's much improved caching and thread
following. Very impressive, particularly the speed improvements
(caching), but a lot of bugs to go.

--
Duncan