Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET to replace ActiveX controls

ASP.NET to replace ActiveX controls

Lambros

I am a biginner with ASP.NET and i am wondering if it
will be possible to stream Audio/Video from a user's PC
using an ASP.NET control instead of an ActiveX Control.

Mark Fitzpatrick

The ASP.Net controls are all server-side. It's possible to have an ASP.Net
control that creates the HTML that streams audio/video, but a palyer is
still required on the client side, whether that's an ActiveX control or
another browser plug-in.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

news:012301c3c736$ecbac390$(E-Mail Removed)...