Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Image & Backup software

Re: Image & Backup software

doS

Paragon 9.

"Sarah Austin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9C50D15182EFASntzldfrdSntzldfrdco@216.196. 97.142...
> What do you folks think of the reviews at
> http://data-backup-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
>
> ?
>
> I'm using an old Norton Ghost disk now, but am interested in some good
> full disk image software to backup disk-disk.

olfart

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fKY9m.31253$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paragon 9.
>
> "Sarah Austin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9C50D15182EFASntzldfrdSntzldfrdco@216.196. 97.142...
>> What do you folks think of the reviews at
>> http://data-backup-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
>>
>> ?
>>
>> I'm using an old Norton Ghost disk now, but am interested in some good
>> full disk image software to backup disk-disk.

I've tried them all and depending on your O/S....or multiple O/S....they may
or may not work.There is one that so far has made valid copies for me
everytime....both a clone of my drive plus data backup. And it's freeware.
Check out http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

Wao

> Is there free backup software that's GOOD and that I can set to backup
> JUST by data directories from the old HD to this new USB HD, and maybe
> save and update the config as I find more stuff that needs to migrate?

You may want to try one of these:

GFI Backup Home 2009
http://www.gfi.com/backup-hm/free-backup-software

SyncBackSE
http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

Both are freeware but I have not used them as yet. Please, post back your
experience using those programs.