Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AMD has released new Catalyst 9.7 drivers

AMD has released new Catalyst 9.7 drivers

Carlos

Drew,
One thing is the native resolution of the monitor and something quite
different is how much burden the graphic card has managing those 1900 x 1200
pixels.
Graphic card manufacturers tend to optimize their card's performance for
certain (more common) resolutions for the average user and usually leave out
higher resolutions.
So ATI may have tweaked their 9.7's for other resolutions different than
yours and that would explain - apart for having to drive more pixels - the
WEI that Win 7 is benchmarking.
Feel like experimenting?
Set your resolution to 1680 x 1050. It will look horrible in your monitor.
Run WEI and see the results. Any improvement?

Carlos

"Drew" wrote:

> Carlos. I guess that is possible but I am running at the native resolution
> for this monitor. nothing tweaked or overclocked

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Drew,
> > Well, the fact that you are running at 1900 x 1200 might explain the
> > difference.
> > I am at a lower 1680 x 1050 and my 4850 has to feed less pixels than
> > yours.
> > Also, drivers tend to be optimized for certain resolutions so your one
> > might
> > be also suffering from that (more pixels and less optimization).
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Drew" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Carlos! It is still bugging me why some get higher scores with
> >> cards
> >> that are supposed to be slower than mine, that’s all. I will figure it
> >> out
> >> though
> >>
> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Drew

Carlos: I tried running your resolution of 1680 x 1050 without aero and the
score did not change. still a overall 5.6 with my hard drive transfer rate
slowing it down next is graphics with a 6.7 and processor and ram at 7.1. I
very much appreciate the advice though. I guess I will have to wait and see
if as newer drivers become available that they might help. Cheers and
Thanks!!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...