Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New nVidia GeForce and ION drivers for Windows 7

New nVidia GeForce and ION drivers for Windows 7

Carol Steele

Version 190.38

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_...8_whql_uk.html

Dennis Pack

Thank You.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 RC x64

"Carol Steele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Version 190.38
>
> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_...8_whql_uk.html

> signature database 4267 (20090722) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4267 (20090722) __________

http://www.eset.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

good. I hope they're better than the last beta ones...

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Carol Steele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Version 190.38
>
> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_...8_whql_uk.html

Stan Kay

I had that hope too - but regrettably these are flawed too.

On my Win 7 Ultimate build 7232 64 bit system I get the following error
message:-

"NVIDIA Display Panel Extension cannot be created"

I have tried all the recommended solutions (no virus checking software, no
Download Managers, uninstall old drivers etc) but nothing resolves the
problem so I have reported the matter to NVIDIA and await a response.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> good. I hope they're better than the last beta ones...
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>

> "Carol Steele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Version 190.38
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_...8_whql_uk.html

Carol Steele

Hi Stan,

That's odd, I've had absolutely no problems with any of their Win7x64
releases.

Probably due to using different video cards (mine's a GeForce GTS 250).

"Stan Kay" wrote:

> I had that hope too - but regrettably these are flawed too.
>
> On my Win 7 Ultimate build 7232 64 bit system I get the following error
> message:-
>
> "NVIDIA Display Panel Extension cannot be created" ....................

tsperling

Nah, it's not perfect. Here, it installed fine with all the 3D paraphernalia
(which I do not use) and it looks good until websites with Flash (?) content
start flickering violently when the mouse pointer passes over it. I can
usually live having Flash enabled, and rather than disable it I would try
and roll back, seeing it was better but with its own isues - but now parts
of that one ain't installing!

On top of all of that the Experience Index fell by 0.4 for 3D Graphics
evaluation.
(If that means anything at all?) So, not all that enthusiastic.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...