Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Pasting login url in browser doesnt work

Pasting login url in browser doesnt work

bauhaus

I wanted to paste a login url in the browser, but I get a page with the
error "Entry form data missing."
And the url shows:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/loginfa...sing&returnto=

Here's the form code:

<form name="myform" method="post"
action="http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelogin.php">
<input type="hidden" name="returnto" value=browse.php?>
</form>

The url that I pasted:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelog...to=browse.php?

What parameter am I missing here ?

C A Upsdell

bauhaus wrote:
> I wanted to paste a login url in the browser, but I get a page with the
> error "Entry form data missing."
> And the url shows:
> http://www.secret-cinema.net/loginfa...sing&returnto=
>
> Here's the form code:
>
> <form name="myform" method="post"
> action="http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelogin.php">
> <input type="hidden" name="returnto" value=browse.php?>
> </form>
>
> The url that I pasted:
> http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelog...to=browse.php?
>

> What parameter am I missing here ?

Are you aware that the ampersand is a special character and must be
encoded in URLs?

bauhaus

> Are you aware that the ampersand is a special character and must be
> encoded in URLs?

The ampersand is automatically encoded in your browser, thats not the
problem.

Jonathan N. Little

bauhaus wrote:
> I wanted to paste a login url in the browser, but I get a page with the
> error "Entry form data missing."
> And the url shows:
> http://www.secret-cinema.net/loginfa...sing&returnto=
>
> Here's the form code:
>
> <form name="myform" method="post"

^^^^

> The url that I pasted:
> http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelog...to=browse.php?
>

> What parameter am I missing here ?

The difference between *GET* and *POST*. If takelogin.php gets parsed
values specifically from the $_POST global and not the less specific
$_REQUEST global your hack will not work...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

C A Upsdell

bauhaus wrote:
>> Are you aware that the ampersand is a special character and must be
>> encoded in URLs?
>>

> The ampersand is automatically encoded in your browser, thats not the
> problem.

How will the browser encode, for example

&password

When there is no such entity as "&password;" ?

bauhaus

>> <form name="myform" method="post"
> ^^^^

I forgot to ommit the name="myform" before posting, it isnt in the original
html code. I wrote a javascript function so that the form is automatically
submitted, which works fine.

> The difference between *GET* and *POST*. If takelogin.php gets parsed
> values specifically from the $_POST global and not the less specific
> $_REQUEST global your hack will not work...

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean POST submits additional nfo
that isnt visible in the form ?

Jonathan N. Little

bauhaus wrote:
>>> <form name="myform" method="post"

>> ^^^^

> I forgot to ommit the name="myform" before posting, it isnt in the
> original html code. I wrote a javascript function so that the form is
> automatically submitted, which works fine.
>
>> The difference between *GET* and *POST*. If takelogin.php gets parsed
>> values specifically from the $_POST global and not the less specific
>> $_REQUEST global your hack will not work...

> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean POST submits additional
> nfo that isnt visible in the form ?

GIYF:

what is the difference between POST and GET - Google Search

--
Take care,

Jonathan