Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Copy/paste through LAN

Copy/paste through LAN

Jun

Hello,

I've a client/server application which uses Pyro to communicate each
other.
Now i try to implement copy/paste through LAN between server
controlled
filesystem to my local windows machine (I could list files in client's
window).
How can i pass the url information through Pyro ?

Thank you in advance.

Jun

Piet van Oostrum

>J> Hello,
>J> I've a client/server application which uses Pyro to communicate each
>J> other.
>J> Now i try to implement copy/paste through LAN between server
>J> controlled
>J> filesystem to my local windows machine (I could list files in client's
>J> window).
>J> How can i pass the url information through Pyro ?

What do you mean? Do you want to copy a file or copy file names? Copying
a file between two machines can best be done by a specialized protocol,
like HTTP or scp. Pasting a file doesn't make sense IMHO.

And URLs are just strings.
--
Piet van Oostrum <(E-Mail Removed)>
Private email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Can't connect wired linksys lan to wireless belkin lan Tom D Wireless Networking 4 01-24-2005 02:06 PM
Ping timeout: lan to lan through vpn. (newbie) Paul Clancy Cisco 2 02-05-2004 03:33 PM
Lan-to-LAN tunnel (IOS - VPN 3000) ICMP problem stretch Cisco 2 01-21-2004 01:49 PM
lan-to-lan vpn over adsl blaj Cisco 0 11-19-2003 08:32 PM
IPSec - Lan to Lan - Nat routers - 1 Static and 1 Dynamic ip Sharqy_5 Cisco 0 07-20-2003 09:35 PM

Advertisments