Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python ctypes on win64

Python ctypes on win64

ulf

Hi,

Does anybody know if python includes a win64 version of ctypes?

According to the documentation it should be included - at least
there's no special remarks for win64, and I haven't found any recent
notes saying that it shouldn't work on win64. Yet it looks like both
the installer from Python.org and from ActiveState.com have disabled
it.

regards

/ulfw

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
ulf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anybody know if python includes a win64 version of ctypes?
>
>According to the documentation it should be included - at least
>there's no special remarks for win64, and I haven't found any recent
>notes saying that it shouldn't work on win64. Yet it looks like both
>the installer from Python.org and from ActiveState.com have disabled
>it.

Nobody seems to have followed up to this, you may have better luck on
the capi-sig mailing list.

"At Resolver we've found it useful to short-circuit any doubt and just
refer to comments in code as 'lies'. "
--Michael Foord paraphrases Christian Muirhead on python-dev, 2009-03-22

ulf

On Jul 25, 3:09*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Aahz) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

Thanks, I'll try there.