Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Table.

Table.

anathema

I am working on this email newsletter.

http://webnonsense.org/email/

Admittedly I am not thinking clearly because I am sick.

My concern is the right column.
It is green just to see what is going on.

This is the original.
http://webnonsense.org/email-orig/

You can see that all I am doing is switching the columns around.
But I can get it to overlap the edge like in the original.

I think the math is correct and the correct td's aligned right but it
isn't working.

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
anathema <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am working on this email newsletter.
>
> http://webnonsense.org/email/
>
> Admittedly I am not thinking clearly because I am sick.
>
> My concern is the right column.
> It is green just to see what is going on.
>
> This is the original.
> http://webnonsense.org/email-orig/
>
> You can see that all I am doing is switching the columns around.
> But I can get it to overlap the edge like in the original.
>
> I think the math is correct and the correct td's aligned right but it
> isn't working.

This is a most interesting example of a tremendous slap in the face of
everything this usenet group stands for by a huge week old dead and
unrefrigerated cod fish!

But nevertheless, what a fabulous exercise. First thing to realise, if
you felt less unwell, you would have picked this up: you cannot simply
transfer the image to the right because it has been very carefully
prepared in an image program to be on the left. To fix this up, open it
up in an image program and reverse it horizontally, reflect it.

That would be the first job. Now as for the next task... oops... I am
now feeling unwell... excuse me...

--
dorayme

rf

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> anathema <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am working on this email newsletter.

Hmmm. Bad idea.

>> http://webnonsense.org/email/

>> This is the original.
>> http://webnonsense.org/email-orig/
>>
>> You can see that all I am doing is switching the columns around.
>> But I can get it to overlap the edge like in the original.

Did you actually look at what was *in* that content before you fiddled with
it?

> To fix this up, open
> it up in an image program and reverse it horizontally, reflect it.

Photoshop. Image slice. Build a web site / email out of the slices.

The usual.

> That would be the first job. Now as for the next task... oops... I am
> now feeling unwell... excuse me...

I'm a little tired myself. Been exhibiting at a television trade show all
day long surrounded by display systems that would blow your mind. One of
them even in three D. A girl reaches out of the screen to hand you something
and my associate actually put his hand out to recieve it. We had to go for a
quiet beer to recover. And the word is that these things will be domestic in
three to five years!

richard

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:32:39 -0700 (PDT), anathema
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am working on this email newsletter.
>
>http://webnonsense.org/email/
>
>Admittedly I am not thinking clearly because I am sick.
>
>My concern is the right column.
>It is green just to see what is going on.
>
>This is the original.
>http://webnonsense.org/email-orig/
>
>You can see that all I am doing is switching the columns around.
>But I can get it to overlap the edge like in the original.
>
>I think the math is correct and the correct td's aligned right but it
>isn't working.

Why are you using tables for this?
Learn a little about the proper use of divisions.
As well as CSS.

I like the original page.

When I click on "samples" I expect to see samples of art work, not a
page that requires me to fill in a lot of stuff.

richard

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:47:27 GMT, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>dorayme wrote:
>> In article
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> anathema <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I am working on this email newsletter.

>Hmmm. Bad idea.
>
>>> http://webnonsense.org/email/

>>> This is the original.
>>> http://webnonsense.org/email-orig/
>>>
>>> You can see that all I am doing is switching the columns around.
>>> But I can get it to overlap the edge like in the original.

>Did you actually look at what was *in* that content before you fiddled with
>it?
>
>> To fix this up, open
>> it up in an image program and reverse it horizontally, reflect it.

>Photoshop. Image slice. Build a web site / email out of the slices.
>
>The usual.
>
>> That would be the first job. Now as for the next task... oops... I am
>> now feeling unwell... excuse me...

>I'm a little tired myself. Been exhibiting at a television trade show all
>day long surrounded by display systems that would blow your mind. One of
>them even in three D. A girl reaches out of the screen to hand you something
>and my associate actually put his hand out to recieve it. We had to go for a
>quiet beer to recover. And the word is that these things will be domestic in
>three to five years!

Television magic tricks.
There is no way, yet, you can send an object through the tv.
I've seen demos of "organic" tvs where the thing is no thicker than a
credit card and expandable at the touch.

I don't doubt that there is projected 3d, but you can't physically
take hold of anything presented to you.

rf

richard wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:47:27 GMT, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>,

>> Hmmm. Bad idea.

>> Did you actually look at what was *in* that content before you
>> fiddled with it?
>>
>>> To fix this up, open
>>> it up in an image program and reverse it horizontally, reflect it.

>> Photoshop. Image slice. Build a web site / email out of the slices.
>>
>> The usual.
>>
>>> That would be the first job. Now as for the next task... oops... I
>>> am now feeling unwell... excuse me...

>> I'm a little tired myself. Been exhibiting at a television trade
>> show all day long surrounded by display systems that would blow your
>> mind. One of them even in three D. A girl reaches out of the screen
>> to hand you something and my associate actually put his hand out to
>> recieve it. We had to go for a quiet beer to recover. And the word
>> is that these things will be domestic in three to five years!
>>

> Television magic tricks.

Ah, it's RtS misinterpreting things yet again.

> There is no way, yet, you can send an object through the tv.

Let me spell it out fully for you:

"A girl *appears* *to* *be* *reaching* out of the screen" Read between the
****ing lines, dipstick.

> I've seen demos of "organic" tvs where the thing is no thicker than a
> credit card and expandable at the touch.

WTF are you talking about? Don't you even know what 3D projection is?

> I don't doubt that there is projected 3d, but you can't physically
> take hold of anything presented to you.

Obviously bloody not!

rf

richard wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:32:39 -0700 (PDT), anathema
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am working on this email newsletter.
>>
>> http://webnonsense.org/email/
>>
>> Admittedly I am not thinking clearly because I am sick.
>>
>> My concern is the right column.
>> It is green just to see what is going on.
>>
>> This is the original.
>> http://webnonsense.org/email-orig/
>>
>> You can see that all I am doing is switching the columns around.
>> But I can get it to overlap the edge like in the original.
>>
>> I think the math is correct and the correct td's aligned right but it
>> isn't working.

> Why are you using tables for this?
> Learn a little about the proper use of divisions.
> As well as CSS.

Which will work in an HTML email even less than a table. Or did you miss
that part too?

dorayme

In article <jVh9m.6509$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm a little tired myself. Been exhibiting at a television trade show all
> day long surrounded by display systems that would blow your mind. One of
> them even in three D. A girl reaches out of the screen to hand you something
> and my associate actually put his hand out to recieve it. We had to go for a
> quiet beer to recover. And the word is that these things will be domestic in
> three to five years!

That threatens a theory someone has been putting to me for a while:
movies will keep ahead of TV and home theatre by going 3-D.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Television magic tricks.
> There is no way, yet, you can send an object through the tv.
> I've seen demos of "organic" tvs where the thing is no thicker than a
> credit card and expandable at the touch.
>
> I don't doubt that there is projected 3d, but you can't physically
> take hold of anything presented to you.

You mean the TV this salesmen just got me to sign up for can't really
pull beers and hand them over and make like a home pub? I wish you had
spoken up earlier.

--
dorayme

Travis Newbury

On Jul 21, 1:24*pm, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Television magic tricks.
> There is no way, yet, you can send an object through the tv.

BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT!!! I saw it done in Willy Wonka! Not
only did they transfer material over the airways, they also managed to
shrink the mater so it would fit in the smaller tv.