Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Say it's not so about fabulous Linux. There are a lot more undiscoveredholes in that Swiss cheese O/S.

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Say it's not so about fabulous Linux. There are a lot more undiscoveredholes in that Swiss cheese O/S.

 
 
1PW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
> <http://threatpost.com/blogs/researcher-uses-new-linux-kernel-flaw-bypass-selinux-other-protection>


Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
1PW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
> 1PW wrote:
>> Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
>>> <http://threatpost.com/blogs/researcher-uses-new-linux-kernel-flaw-bypass-selinux-other-protection>
>>>

>>
>> Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.
>>

>
> If Linux ever gets past 1% desktop usage world wide, the security holes
> are going to be exposed.


Linux has exceeded 1% now. I too hope that Linux will be made safer.

> Right now, Linux is secure as no one is using
> it, and it's 'Security by Oblivion' for Linux, as no one is after it.


Hello:

Of course if you know of any unreported security problems with Linux,
I hope you report them promptly.

Regards,

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:31:28 -0700, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
of the trolls 1PW was heard to say:

> Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
>> 1PW wrote:
>>> Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
>>>> <http://threatpost.com/blogs/research...x-kernel-flaw-

bypass-selinux-other-protection>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.
>>>
>>>

>> If Linux ever gets past 1% desktop usage world wide, the security holes
>> are going to be exposed.

>
> Linux has exceeded 1% now. I too hope that Linux will be made safer.


Actually, according to M$, Linux users make up between 14% & 17% of all
Internet users. They're so worried, that M$ have even hired an OSS Czar
to fight Linux on the desktop!

Furthermore, according to Ballmer, more than 60% of the Internet runs on
Linux servers. Funny how it's almost always M$ IIS servers that are
attacked with viruses, & often cracked though!

Maybe Duh-Inane knows something that M$ doesn't...

What was the troll saying about "Swiss cheese" again?

>> Right now, Linux is secure as no one is using it, and it's 'Security by
>> Oblivion' for Linux, as no one is after it.

>
> Hello:
>
> Of course if you know of any unreported security problems with Linux, I
> hope you report them promptly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete


Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

--
This message was sent from a
computer which is guaranteed
100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
-- 64bit GNU/Linux systems --
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:

> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.


Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive to
everything he posts.

OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
totally socially inept, but his heart's always in the right place. Why do
you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their perforated OS?
Because he *cares*, that's why.
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:14:55 +0000, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
of the trolls Aardvark was heard to say:

> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
>> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

>
> Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive to
> everything he posts.


You'd do well to get a room with him. Then you wouldn't need to post
replies to him, & gross people out!

> OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
> totally socially inept,


Yeah, but why just pick on his *good* points?

> but his heart's always in the right place.


Well it *would* be, if the doctors could find it.....

> Why do you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their
> perforated OS? Because he *cares*, that's why.


Yeah, but it's old news....it's been fixed.
If it was up-to-date it wouldn't be so bad. OTOH, I suppose one has to
make allowances for his inability to keep up, because of mental problems
& social ineptness..


--
This message was sent from a
computer which is guaranteed
100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.
-- 64bit GNU/Linux systems --
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:33:17 -0500, William Poaster wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:14:55 +0000, above the shrieking, whining &
> FUDding of the trolls Aardvark was heard to say:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
>>> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

>>
>> Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive
>> to everything he posts.

>
> You'd do well to get a room with him. Then you wouldn't need to post
> replies to him, & gross people out!
>


Who knows what the passage of time will bring?

>> OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
>> totally socially inept,

>
> Yeah, but why just pick on his *good* points?
>
>> but his heart's always in the right place.

>
> Well it *would* be, if the doctors could find it.....
>


Careful,you might hurt DUH-ane's feelings.

>> Why do you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their
>> perforated OS? Because he *cares*, that's why.

>
> Yeah, but it's old news....it's been fixed. If it was up-to-date it
> wouldn't be so bad. OTOH, I suppose one has to make allowances for his
> inability to keep up, because of mental problems & social ineptness..


That's all I ask. Thanks for showing your considerate nature.


 
Reply With Quote
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009
1PW <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<h3tpn1$3qe$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>:

>Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
>> <http://threatpost.com/blogs/research...x-kernel-flaw-

bypass-selinux-other-protection>
>
>Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.
>
>Pete


Read the slashdot article. Its already patched. Rule Number 1: dont be
a beta tester if you want a secure, error free computing platform.




--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
_____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
/ __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
_\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:14:55 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
>> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

>
>Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive to
>everything he posts.
>
>OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
>totally socially inept, but his heart's always in the right place. Why do
>you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their perforated OS?
>Because he *cares*, that's why.


HAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAetc.

--
"You can't rush the kind of cool *we* are."
--Erekos, Evil Abuse Minion #5
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem in running a basic code in python 3.3.0 that includes HTML file Satabdi Mukherjee Python 1 04-04-2013 07:48 PM
Re: Say it's not so about fabulous Linux. There are a lot more undiscovered holes in that Swiss cheese O/S. Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov Computer Support 5 07-19-2009 10:44 PM
Re: Say it's not so about fabulous Linux. There are a lot moreundiscovered holes in that Swiss cheese O/S. Aardvark Computer Support 7 07-19-2009 02:37 PM
Famous Players - No More Cheese Autodidact DVD Video 5 08-23-2004 03:45 AM
Say cheese Mr Grasshopper Rich Digital Photography 2 08-06-2003 09:19 PM



Advertisments