Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Why is the US killing the World.

Why is the US killing the World.

Woger

Its its Total greed that to me that is doing it

The music industry will attempt to seize money paid to acquire the Pirate Bay,
according to a high-level music industry source and a spokesman for the
International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the trade group
representing the music industry worldwide.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10288495-93.html

Hollywood Thinks People Pirate Movies With Cell Phones

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...movie-security

Another example of just how clueless Hollywood still is when it comes to how
movies are leaked. Could you imagine watching a cell phone recorded movie?
Even better, imagine trying to record a full length movie on a cell phone.
You'd better bring an extra battery.

If you go to a big preview screening, a privilege given to the press, you'll
be asked to leave your mobile phone in a baggie behind a counter at the front
of the cinema. The film industry says that this is a necessary precaution
against the hypothetical losses that would result should someone use a mobile
phone to "camcord" (that is, record from the audience) a pre-release movie and
leak it onto the internet.

Something else that bothers me is how only U.S. totals for movies are given
when mentioned in articles like this. Wolverine, citied as one of the pirated
movies this summer, was listed as having a $177M total when in fact the movie
actually pulled in almost $364M worldwide, hardly a "flop" by any stretch of
the imagination. Iím not saying piracy isnít a problem, I am just saying that
movies like the Dark Knight were available on the internet on day one and
still grossed almost a billion dollars (same with Star War Episode I thru III,
Spiderman, Harry Potter, etc. etc.). Maybe sales totals donít have as much to
do with piracy as they do with overall quality of the movies?

Nighthawk

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:05:31 +1200, Woger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Its its Total greed that to me that is doing it
>

>The music industry will attempt to seize money paid to acquire the Pirate Bay,
>according to a high-level music industry source and a spokesman for the
>International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the trade group
>representing the music industry worldwide.
>
>http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10288495-93.html
>

>Hollywood Thinks People Pirate Movies With Cell Phones
>
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...movie-security
>
>Another example of just how clueless Hollywood still is when it comes to how
>movies are leaked. Could you imagine watching a cell phone recorded movie?
>Even better, imagine trying to record a full length movie on a cell phone.
>You'd better bring an extra battery.
>
>If you go to a big preview screening, a privilege given to the press, you'll
>be asked to leave your mobile phone in a baggie behind a counter at the front
>of the cinema. The film industry says that this is a necessary precaution
>against the hypothetical losses that would result should someone use a mobile
>phone to "camcord" (that is, record from the audience) a pre-release movie and
>leak it onto the internet.
>
>Something else that bothers me is how only U.S. totals for movies are given
>when mentioned in articles like this. Wolverine, citied as one of the pirated
>movies this summer, was listed as having a $177M total when in fact the movie
>actually pulled in almost $364M worldwide, hardly a "flop" by any stretch of
>the imagination. Iím not saying piracy isnít a problem, I am just saying that
>movies like the Dark Knight were available on the internet on day one and
>still grossed almost a billion dollars (same with Star War Episode I thru III,
>Spiderman, Harry Potter, etc. etc.). Maybe sales totals donít have as much to
>do with piracy as they do with overall quality of the movies?

I think you're right about overall quality. We are well past the
'Hollywood Golden Period'. I was given some free new-hire vouchers
and in spite of going down there four times I haven't found anything I
want to hire.

What kind of cell phones can record video anywhere near good enough in
quality to be of any real use for recording movies? From what I have
seen the quality is worse than VHS. Who would want that?

Something occurred to me recently when browsing DVDs at The Warehouse,
about how the music industry bleet on about how 'illegal downloads'
are killing the music industry with falling CD sales, etc, I have
never heard mention how sale of music DVDs are affecting CD sales.
With the quality of sound systems connected to many home theatres I
would say many are opting for music DVDs in place of CDs. I am
certainly thinking that way myself.

Gordon

On 2009-07-18, Woger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Its its Total greed that to me that is doing it

Bulls eye here, at least in part. Rest blow away by Roger.

> The music industry will attempt to seize money paid to acquire the Pirate Bay,
> according to a high-level music industry source and a spokesman for the
> International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the trade group
> representing the music industry worldwide.
>
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10288495-93.html

This has to be archived.

How does the whoever think that grabbing some of the money from the sale
will help?

Still the seed of the idea that profit might be possible from the torrent.
Oh sorry, I have swung the gate open and they are headed they other way
again.

Interesting how money changes everything eh? First it is the ^%$#$%^, all
the $zillions we are losing every second thru "rip offs" and
then it is, Oh good you can hand us some of the money from the sale from the
"company" which has been sucessful.

Ms Penguin says they need a fishing rod, not lawyers.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Woger wrote:

> Its its Total greed that to me that is doing it

Greed is behind much of what you see in this world Roger.

This quotation speaks volumes for me...

"They must find it hard... those who have taken authority as
the truth rather than truth as the authority..."

The veil which the ruling class hide behind is becoming more
and more translucent. Thats why the elites are pushing more
and more fascist dictum upon us, in a hurried attempt to
totally control us before we wake the **** up and stand united
against them.

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

impossible

"Woger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...movie-security
>
> Another example of just how clueless Hollywood still is when it comes to
> how
> movies are leaked. Could you imagine watching a cell phone recorded movie?

That's what I thought, until I read this from one of nz.comp's esteemed
pirates:

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....2d7caf898cf60d

"...now I just download what I want, watch in in a media
player, Handbrake it for the iPod, stick it on the netbook. "