Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > If You Buy Something, Do You Own It?

If You Buy Something, Do You Own It?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Amazon "unsells" previously-purchased books
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=21311>.

JohnO

On Jul 18, 12:52*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Amazon "unsells" previously-purchased books
> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=21311>.

If you buy a stolen car do you own it?

Gordon

On 2009-07-18, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> Amazon "unsells" previously-purchased books
><http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=21311>.

So they refunded the buyers.

Alan

"Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
message news:h3r6c9$nrn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Amazon "unsells" previously-purchased books
> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=21311>.

Of course - if you received good title.

However, if someone steals your property, and sells it to me, I don't
get to keep it if you find it / me. I do have recourse to the person
who sold it to me though.

This is very basic law Lawrence.

Alan.

My unmunged email is: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (valid for 30 days
min probably much longer).

Peter

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Amazon "unsells" previously-purchased books
> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=21311>.

Amazing!
The deleted books included George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm!
http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...re-equal-than-
others/

I don't know whether Orwell would laugh or cry.

And I wonder if they also deleted Fahrenheit 451?

Do the book publishers have a really twisted sense of humour?

Peter

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <h3tp7i$f3h$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Peter wrote:

> The deleted books included George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm!

Many people have worried over the centuries about the increasing ability of
the State to restrict freedom of thought and expression. Nobody dreamed that
the biggest threat would come from powerful private corporations ostensibly
trying to protect their copyright.