Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Suggest me an Open source project in java

Re: Suggest me an Open source project in java

John B. Matthews

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Sreenivas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can somebody suggest an open source project in java?? i downloaded a
> couple of projects and after seeing the enormous files and all , I
> don't know where to start? And yes, i don't have a prior experience
> in java and moreover don't have experience in Object Oriented
> software building. A complete newbie. What is the best type of
> project to start and which has comparatively less size that i can
> comprehend and start with ?

Here's my favorite hobby horse; it's < 2K lines:

<http://robotchase.sourceforge.net/>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Sreenivas

John B. Matthews wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Sreenivas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Can somebody suggest an open source project in java?? i downloaded a
>> couple of projects and after seeing the enormous files and all , I
>> don't know where to start? And yes, i don't have a prior experience
>> in java and moreover don't have experience in Object Oriented
>> software building. A complete newbie. What is the best type of
>> project to start and which has comparatively less size that i can
>> comprehend and start with ?

> Here's my favorite hobby horse; it's < 2K lines:
>
> <http://robotchase.sourceforge.net/>

Mathew thanks !!

Sreenivas.