Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sources for Vintage (Old) TV Programs

Sources for Vintage (Old) TV Programs

Richard Cranium

What are good sources for copies of older TV programs? They are
usually VHS tapes made from kinescope versions. One I'm looking for
is "Ten From Your Show of Shows" - a 1973 compilation of classic Sid
Caeser show skits. I had a copy from the HBO airing years ago, but
it's been rendered unviewable. Ebay had one seller asking $40 - way
beyond my desire for the show. TIA.

AwlSome Auger

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:13:56 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>What are good sources for copies of older TV programs? They are
>usually VHS tapes made from kinescope versions. One I'm looking for
>is "Ten From Your Show of Shows" - a 1973 compilation of classic Sid
>Caeser show skits. I had a copy from the HBO airing years ago, but
>it's been rendered unviewable. Ebay had one seller asking $40 - way
>beyond my desire for the show. TIA.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?...asar&x=20&y=24

Even new they are like $30, so if they are Out of Print and you find
one used, it will likely be higher than the original price.

Fry's actually has very good in-store selections, but they only list
one online, and it is cheaper than Amazon's. All are different though,
so if you do not have them there they are.

http://www.frys.com/product/4516477?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Richard Cranium

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:46:29 -0700, AwlSome Auger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:13:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>wrote:
>
>>What are good sources for copies of older TV programs? They are
>>usually VHS tapes made from kinescope versions. One I'm looking for
>>is "Ten From Your Show of Shows" - a 1973 compilation of classic Sid
>>Caeser show skits. I had a copy from the HBO airing years ago, but
>>it's been rendered unviewable. Ebay had one seller asking $40 - way
>>beyond my desire for the show. TIA.

>http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?...asar&x=20&y=24
>
> Even new they are like $30, so if they are Out of Print and you find
>one used, it will likely be higher than the original price.
>
> Fry's actually has very good in-store selections, but they only list
>one online, and it is cheaper than Amazon's. All are different though,
>so if you do not have them there they are.
>
>http://www.frys.com/product/4516477?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Thanks. The Sid Caesar Collection videos are available on DVD. In
fact, they are available from Netflix as well as in Public Library
collections. The one I'm looking for (Ten From Your Show of Shows)
appears to only be a VHS tape and does not show up for rental anywhere
that I've searched so far.

AwlSome Auger

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:05:19 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
wrote:

>Thanks. The Sid Caesar Collection videos are available on DVD. In
>fact, they are available from Netflix as well as in Public Library
>collections. The one I'm looking for (Ten From Your Show of Shows)
>appears to only be a VHS tape and does not show up for rental anywhere
>that I've searched so far.

All ten of them may very well be included in those that are available.
So instead of releasing the VHS production again, they just released what
they did, because those shows are already in there somewhere. Perhaps.

Richard Cranium

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 05:48:42 -0700, AwlSome Auger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:05:19 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Cranium)
>wrote:
>

>>Thanks. The Sid Caesar Collection videos are available on DVD. In
>>fact, they are available from Netflix as well as in Public Library
>>collections. The one I'm looking for (Ten From Your Show of Shows)
>>appears to only be a VHS tape and does not show up for rental anywhere
>>that I've searched so far.

> All ten of them may very well be included in those that are available.
>So instead of releasing the VHS production again, they just released what
>they did, because those shows are already in there somewhere. Perhaps.

Wish that were the case - but unfortunately, it's not. I've rented
the former DVDs previously, but the ten skits are not there.

Vintage Film WormWood Computer Support 5 02-14-2005 05:19 PM
Re: VINTAGE BEEFCAKE PHOTOGRAPHY site stewy Digital Photography 0 04-13-2004 02:05 AM
"vintage" 20 MP digi cam gt Digital Photography 1 01-07-2004 11:10 PM
The Who - Vintage Slide Restoration David Jefferson Digital Photography 1 12-02-2003 07:45 PM
Vintage Photo System Scott Digital Photography 1 10-15-2003 03:17 AM

Advertisments