Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN ok, and now... ?

VPN ok, and now... ?

roger

Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?

thanks ! Roger

Uli Link

roger schrieb:
> Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
> using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
> Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?

Start with answering the following questions:
- How can VPN client resolve the name of your PC behind the 2801?
- Are the any firewalls blocking in between?

Other questions are more likely related to M$ Windows the Cisco stuff.

--
ULi

joebenz

On Jul 16, 10:43*am, "roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
> using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
> Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?
>
> thanks ! Roger

sounds like you should be able to just access the drive by going
start>run and then type \\pcname\c$ or just share a drive on your
computer and then \\pcname\sharename

bod43

On 16 July, 20:35, joebenz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 10:43*am, "roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi, i am able to connect to my home cisco 2801 from my girlfriend's house
> > using her laptop and internet connection. I installed the cisco VPN client.
> > Okay, now that my VPN is working, how can i connect to my pc's drive?

> > thanks ! Roger

> sounds like you should be able to just access the drive by going
> start>run and then type \\pcname\c$ *or just share a drive on your
> computer and then \\pcname\sharename

Or if you have not got name resolution set up

\\ip.address\c$ etc as suggested above.

Or maybe you want to do remote control of the PC
as opposed to accessing files?

Check out Remote Desktop, VNC, Dameware.

Remote desktop is the best for almost any puropse.
Some current versions of windows do not allow remote
desktop (Basic perhaps?).