Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Test Score Method

Test Score Method

dkamp

I have a few Questions.
Q1. On a test such as 70-291 when there is a multiple choice question and I
get 2 of three correct, how is my score determined? do it get 2 of 3 or zero?

Q2. On a Simulator question, Is the final result what your graded on, or if
I click on alot of things trying to figure out the answer, but answer it
correctly do I get all available points?

Q3. Is an Incorrect answer scored the same as a No answer?

John R

"dkamp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a few Questions.
> Q1. On a test such as 70-291 when there is a multiple choice question and
> get 2 of three correct, how is my score determined? do it get 2 of 3 or
> zero?
>
> Q2. On a Simulator question, Is the final result what your graded on, or
> if
> I click on alot of things trying to figure out the answer, but answer it
> correctly do I get all available points?
>
> Q3. Is an Incorrect answer scored the same as a No answer?

This information is not release by Microsoft. All we really know is that
they score the test, that score is converted to their standard scale where
700 or better is pass, anything less is fail. There are rumors that abound,
but none that can be proven.

John R

PAJ

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:53:59 -0400, "John R"
<jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:

>This information is not release by Microsoft. All we really know is that
>they score the test, that score is converted to their standard scale where
>700 or better is pass, anything less is fail. There are rumors that abound,
>but none that can be proven.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz'

LarryWestMCSD

The answer to question Q3 is "yes" -- leaving a question blank is the same as
getting it wrong. Otherwise, people would just answer the questions they are
100% sure of and leave the rest blank. If you find yourself running out of
time, just randomly put answers in the unmarked questions.
How Microsoft scores things is a Microsoft secret. Anyone who knows the
answers to Q1 and Q2 probably can't and won't tell you. We can tell you that
700 is the passing score. What that means is anyone's guess. I once got
exactly a 700 on an exam that had 55 questions. Obviously, I didn't get
exactly 70% of the questions correct on that exam, or else I would have
gotten 38.5 questions right. So on that exam, either:
a) not all questions got the same point score,
b) they give partial credit for getting part of the question right,
c) the top score is not 1000, and/or
d) there were sample questions on the exam that were not scored.
Personally, I would suspect "d" as the correct reason, but I'm not sure.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x9, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS