Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > machine.config threading and sharepoint

machine.config threading and sharepoint

Benjamin

Newbie to web servers after some guidence to some basic stuff

I am having performance issues with Sharepoint 2007 running on quite low
spec web servers, and am tweaking configurations here and there to maximise
service. One problem is we have a few poorly coded app's that have been
deployed and can hog the resource.

I've looked at the machine.config files, and the Threading thresholds are
not to MS recommendations, so maybe a good place to start.
But how can I find out the current usage of Threads be for I change it? Does
the Threads on the web servers task manager, processes tab corrolate?

Also if I do set limits on max threads, what happens when maxed out? Queues?
what if threads are not disposed of properly? can that happen??