Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Quickcert

Quickcert

Frozenbuc

Do not use Quickcert to get certification training. They are over priced and
all they want to do is take your money.They will not call you back in a
reasonable time frame, if at all,if you have a problem . And their so called
"customer service staff" is incompetent at best, and the "sales staff" will
tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you to buy from them.

Ricardo Fuentes

Yeah,

I called themlike 3 years ago and the price for one course was hugeeee...
so I decided to read books...$ 60 per copy...

peace
--
MCP MCDST MCITP MCTS A+ IT Technician

"Frozenbuc" wrote:

> Do not use Quickcert to get certification training. They are over priced and
> all they want to do is take your money.They will not call you back in a
> reasonable time frame, if at all,if you have a problem . And their so called
> "customer service staff" is incompetent at best, and the "sales staff" will
> tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you to buy from them.

Gailm1027 Gailm1027 is offline
Junior Member

Gotta say I couldn't disagree with you more! I've been using there training since 2004 and have gotten several certifications over the years. I'm always surprised when I see people blogging about things they dont know about. As for them being overpriced do you know how much training costs?? Some classes are THOUSANDS I pay hundreds Granted I always work with their director of sales so they cut me a deal but either way if you want to get certified it's going to cost $$. It's worth it though and their training rocks!

Thanks,
Gail

jb33225 jb33225 is offline
Junior Member

Personally, I don't think they are overpriced. Yes, it is definitely more $ than buying a book but it's good training. I've been a customer of theirs since 2005 and renew my training every year. I've never failed an exam using their courses so I've got nothing but good things to say. My company pays for the training so maybe if I was paying on my own it would make more of a difference to me but honestly, for less than 2k for good training is not too bad. I am a CNE and paid about 5k for a boot camp for that and that was over 10 years ago. Anyway, to each their own! Just wanted to give my input...

-JB

Rock Rock is offline
Junior Member

I actually used the Quickcert program for CEH and Security Plus. Had a rep there by the name of Rich and he actually provided me his personal cell phone number. Not only did I get the full kit, but Quickcert gave me the CEH voucher as well, and I ended up spending about $1700, instead of 3 thousand. Rich walked me through the labs, answered my calls at night, and that's going out of your way to provide good customer service.
The material was complete and concise, and I actually had a pretty good time. After I finished my certification and sent my completion email to Rich, he physically mailed me a graduation card. That was a really nice touch.
I'd use it again, and I'd probably recommend the programs to anybody...

carhip carhip is offline
Junior Member

They have a bunch of training videos and they sold me access to them, I paid 900 bucks for the privilege, I wanted to study Sharepoint.
However, the course was unusable, there was a guy on the screen talking extremely fast, and fumbling words two or three times per sentence. There are no closed captions, and no text, just streaming video. I tried to listen very hard, but I gave up after two days. I picked it up again after a few months, with the same result.
The selling point that made me buy membership is they said they have cloud virtual machines I can connect to, to try out my knowledge. These machines are difficult and expensive to set up, so I was very happy that they offer it. Needless to say, they don't exist, it was a lie.
All the other points of their sales pitch are also lies -- a free e-book library, live webinars, and live support.
I would not recommend this site to a friend!!!